The Student Room Group

Can I change my course completely?

Can I change my course completely even if I make my firm but don't exceed it?
Original post by dami-o

you can get your firm to release you into clearing then completely change course. if you don't want to go to your firm best to get put into clearing now when they will be more willing to help, whereas on results day they could take hours if not a day to get into clearing.
Original post by dami-o

You can ask your firm if they have any spaces on your new choice of course or you can be released into clearing.
Reply 3
Original post by dami-o

Do you want to just change your course or also your university?

If it's the former ask your university if they will accept you on their other course (I assume you meet the new course entry requirements). It's better to ask now rather than later so they can make any necessary arrangements.
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
you can get your firm to release you into clearing then completely change course. if you don't want to go to your firm best to get put into clearing now when they will be more willing to help, whereas on results day they could take hours if not a day to get into clearing.

Thanks I'll try this
Reply 5
Original post by Doonesbury
Do you want to just change your course or also your university?

If it's the former ask your university if they will accept you on their other course (I assume you meet the new course entry requirements). It's better to ask now rather than later so they can make any necessary arrangements.

Yh I'd like to change my course and university completely; from Philosophy to marketing and from Manchester to Leicester. I know they're not even similar but I'm kind of scared the Universitys wont take me seriously...
Reply 6
Original post by jelly1000
You can ask your firm if they have any spaces on your new choice of course or you can be released into clearing.

thanks
Reply 7
Original post by dami-o
Yh I'd like to change my course and university completely; from Philosophy to marketing and from Manchester to Leicester. I know they're not even similar but I'm kind of scared the Universitys wont take me seriously...

People change courses all the time. Ask Leicester if they are likely to accept you though Clearing.

http://www.le.ac.uk/clearing2017/
Reply 8
Original post by Doonesbury
People change courses all the time. Ask Leicester if they are likely to accept you though Clearing.

http://www.le.ac.uk/clearing2017/

Thanks
I've tried calling but I havent gotten through yet so I'm just going to keep trying and hope for the best.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending