The Student Room Group

Fired from my apprenticeship

Today I got fired from my apprenticeship 😞I was told to leave,due to many issues building up.I was in year six class and I am too friendly that's the problem,even then I wasn't allowed to 'chat'to the kids and when I did I was told to back off and I tried so hard wen tho I was told constantly.The teacher who I worked with was very stern and told me off Everytume.i was then moved to nursery.out of the blue and suddenly which I didn't take very well I felt punished and it took time for me to settle as it was a different building etc.Year six kids used to wave etc and it caused more it wasn't my fault I left and they just wanted to see me!!they fired me because of all this and now I am worried to receive this in a letter,I am worried because ive disappointed my family and I don't want them to see it,and my apprenticeship I don't even know if I'll get a new job now because how will I if I am fired 😞I don't even know what or how to react
(edited 6 years ago)
although this is a bad experience you have not done anything wrong like stealing etc. you should not give up on looking for something to do.
You got fired for being too friendly? :confused:
Wow, that is really sad to hear :frown:

You've applied to something which you clearly feel very enthusiastic and excited about but have been knocked down for being too engaging? I do question some people...

If this is something you feel really optimistic and excited about, then this experience definately shouldn't hold you back. I'd say to maybe find an alternative route as there are always options.

Don't give up! :smile:
Original post by BTAnonymous
Wow, that is really sad to hear :frown:

You've applied to something which you clearly feel very enthusiastic and excited about but have been knocked down for being too engaging? I do question some people...

If this is something you feel really optimistic and excited about, then this experience definately shouldn't hold you back. I'd say to maybe find an alternative route as there are always options.

Don't give up! :smile:

Like what options and will this be in my reference???i don't know what to think and yes I used to chat constantly to thenkids and told off numerous times 😭I really tried to cut down but these are kids!!im stuck now I was supposed to be going to another placement but I don't even know if it's possible now
Yes I chatted too much to the kids but these kids always did and even if I tried to 'back off'they are kids!!i think my
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
You got fired for being too friendly? :confused:
Original post by skhan99
Today I got fired from my apprenticeship 😞I was told to leave,due to many issues building up.I was in year six class and I am too friendly that's the problem,even then I wasn't allowed to 'chat'to the kids and when I did I was told to back off and I tried so hard wen tho I was told constantly.The teacher who I worked with was very stern and told me off Everytume.i was then moved to nursery.out of the blue and suddenly which I didn't take very well I felt punished and it took time for me to settle as it was a different building etc.Year six kids used to wave etc and it caused more it wasn't my fault I left and they just wanted to see me!!they fired me because of all this and now I am worried to receive this in a letter,I am worried because ive disappointed my family and I don't want them to see it,and my apprenticeship I don't even know if I'll get a new job now because how will I if I am fired 😞I don't even know what or how to react

Seems to me you blurred the boundaries between doing your job and being one of the pupils. It sounds like they warned you several times. I suspect the teacher felt you were being a disruptive influence on the class and that you should follow instructions, do the tasks set by you an not make things more difficult. You were no longer a pupil. The teacher shouldnt have to ell you off. You should be grown up enough to do as requested.

The letter is likely to be very brief.

You should talk to the person who organises the apprenticeship about finding another placement.

You might also want to tell your parents sooner rather than later what has happened. Choose the parent you get on best with.

You will just need to find another apprenticeship. It can be done so dont lose hope, but learn your lesson.
Original post by 999tigger
Seems to me you blurred the boundaries between doing your job and being one of the pupils. It sounds like they warned you several times. I suspect the teacher felt you were being a disruptive influence on the class and that you should follow instructions, do the tasks set by you an not make things more difficult. You were no longer a pupil. The teacher shouldnt have to ell you off. You should be grown up enough to do as requested.

You should talk to the person who organises the apprenticeship about finding another placement.

You might also want to tell your parents sooner rather than later what has happened. Choose the parent you get on best with.

You will just need to find another apprenticeship. It can be done so dont lose hope, but learn your lesson.

I know and I did!the child cut down this was two months ago.and I actually thought I got better.However they removed me to the nursery which was an enormous jump and they said they'll keep me in nursery till September but then they said to me we are keeping you in nursery fully.these kids were leaving and they were affected but I thought I would have a fresh start in September but they got rid and seemingly repeated everything.ans god my parents I'm so so scared 😪Neither will put with it I've beenso vague about why I got fired too
Original post by skhan99
I know and I did!the child cut down this was two months ago.and I actually thought I got better.However they removed me to the nursery which was an enormous jump and they said they'll keep me in nursery till September but then they said to me we are keeping you in nursery fully.these kids were leaving and they were affected but I thought I would have a fresh start in September but they got rid and seemingly repeated everything.ans god my parents I'm so so scared 😪Neither will put with it I've beenso vague about why I got fired too

Youve been so vague? You mena you havent told the full truth and you know they deserved to fire you?

Things happen. Just go and see the careers adviser and tell your parents before they get the letter or start asking questions. These things happen and you will get over it.
Original post by skhan99

I'm missing something? What was the apprenticeship and career? Is this part of a school placement training to be a primary school teacher?
Reply 10
If you are fired and it wasn't your fault then ring up the council, tell them your story and then go after the company for damages. There's lots of cases where people are fired for no valid reason, this is called wrongful termination.
Yes!!!i was training to become a teacher.i was learning!!!i am an apparentice.
Original post by uberteknik
I'm missing something? What was the apprenticeship and career? Is this part of a school placement training to be a primary school teacher?
Original post by aware1
If you are fired and it wasn't your fault then ring up the council, tell them your story and then go after the company for damages. There's lots of cases where people are fired for no valid reason, this is called wrongful termination.

I don't choose to.they had a long list of 'reasons'.i didn't want to go back either it's just how it was done and I was planning for another placement.
It was level 2 support teaching and learning I only had 5 months
Original post by skhan99
Yes!!!i was training to become a teacher.i was learning!!!i am an apparentice.
Original post by 999tigger

I agree.
Original post by aware1

By the sounds of it the school didnt do anything wrong.
It sounds like the OP blurred the boundaries a bit between doing the job and being one of the pupils. It sounds like they warned the OP a few times. I suspect the teacher felt the OP was probably being a bit of a disruptive influence on the class. The OP should follow instructions, do the tasks set, and not make things more difficult. The teacher shouldnt have to tell the OP off. They should be grown up enough to do as requested.
So i afraid you wouldnt get very far phoning the council and going for damages im afraid.
Id call the local paper and expose the school. Seriously consider this as an option.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You should not have been talking to the kids too much. This distracts them from the class work and they will not concentrate.
Even if you want to be friendly, don't talk to them and let them concentrate on their work.

Your job was to provide class assistance, class support and work support. Not to have cheerio conversations with the children.
I did.the times I spoke to them was rare and that was in the cloakroomas they prepared for break.the simple 'how was your weekend miss'i was told to back off and ignore.i never ever ignore advice I always followed but seemingly I was devastated because I always want to put the job right in not that person and they removed me from there anyways!!!!i was In nursery for two months.
Original post by Naveed-7
You should not have been talking to the kids too much. This distracts them from the class work and they will not concentrate.
Even if you want to be friendly, don't talk to them and let them concentrate on their work.

Your job was to provide class assistance, class support and work support. Not to have cheerio conversations with the children.
Original post by Got Milk
Id call the local paper and expose the school. Seriously consider this as an option.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Expose the school as what- doing their job?

Quick Reply

Latest