The Student Room Group

Unattractive people think they're attractive. Attractive people think they're ugly.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SGHD26716
Probably due to the people you're around tbh. I'm a c#nt around relatives I don't like as well. All good though. 😂😂😂

It's like those people that ask about my marriage 😂😂 like f*ck off, seriously.
Reply 21
If only that was the case, because then I'd genuinely be attractive
Reply 22
Got the idea from when you said that Ashley Graham girl was attractive.
Reply 23
Original post by eden3
If only that was the case, because then I'd genuinely be attractive

Cheer up mate, there's always someone who will find you attractive.

Spoiler

I honestly think I'm average looking. Some people will think I'm cute, others will find me repulsive.
Most people underestimate the Halo effect

Original post by mysticmagic2000
No wayyy I'm attractive - above is me making an effort! 😂

It always confuses and saddens me when girls like you do call themselves ugly like this
Reply 25
Beds are only so strong...
I used to feel rubbish about myself because I'd get guys telling me I was weird looking etc but then I've had some really lovely compliments from other guys that just about outweigh it.

I guess I am just not attractive to everybody- and that is totally ok by me. (The types of guy who say mean stuff always tend to be total jock types- not my thing at all.)
Reply 27
Cheer up mate, there's always someone who will find you attractive.

Spoiler

thanks bro but that's looking more and more unlikely.
Original post by safari24
I honestly think I'm average looking. Some people will think I'm cute, others will find me repulsive.
Most people underestimate the Halo effect

It always confuses and saddens me when girls like you do call themselves ugly like this

So you disagree or agree because I totally think I am!
Reply 29
Original post by eden3
thanks bro but that's looking more and more unlikely.

It's not mate.

I've no idea what you look like, but if Susan Boyle can do it so can you.
Reply 30
It's not mate.

I've no idea what you look like, but if Susan Boyle can do it so can you.

I don't think so man, when the same result happens over and over again there's no point trying or having any hope so I don't bother lying to myself.

Also sorry for being so pessimistic but it's hard to change my views because of my experiences :lol:
Reply 31
Original post by eden3
I don't think so man, when the same result happens over and over again there's no point trying or having any hope so I don't bother lying to myself.

Also sorry for being so pessimistic but it's hard to change my views because of my experiences :lol:

Fair enough mate, but I'm sure you'll find someone, no matter if you're looking for them or not.
Reply 32
What about his eyes?
Reply 33
@eden3 you've got a grown ass man attracted to your eyes.
Original post by MyFightSong
Not sure. I do think that a lot of naturally attractive people always have a better nature though. Honestly all the horrible people I know/have come across have always been not so attractive and all the lovely people I know are fairly attractive

There comes a point where you must wonder if this is down to a self-fulfilling cycle though, right? Perhaps it's the case that less attractive people are generally not treated as nicely, thus they see that as the norm as to how to behave towards others, and then as a consequence people treat them even less nicely and so on...

Not suggesting that's accurate for everyone or even anyone, but I've been curious if maybe that's a factor in why people sometimes perceive those who are less attractive as being nasty towards others more often than attractive people being nasty.
Reply 35
"no homer" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: thx bro you a GEEWD MAYNE you always spread positivity and make me laugh on here mayne. Youse a GEEWD MAYYYNE....

@eden3 you've got a grown ass man attracted to your eyes.

:lol: they're nothing special
Reply 36
Original post by deint91
Deep inside, attractive people know they are attractive (as well as the fact that they probably get looks from others). And the less attractive bunch know that they aren't A class in terms of looks.

I disagree, there are a lot of people who overrate their looks..

in general black men, black women, white men, white women, [western society] ..are the worst offenders

in general south asian women tend to be the most accurate

east asian women some are accurate, some vastly over rate themselves

and I also notice depressed people tend to underrate their looks. I know one guy in particular like this, he legitimately thinks he's ugly and wants surgery but he's way above average. His self esteem got destroyed through internet dating, he does not look quite as good in pics as he does in real life ....and the amount of rejections he's soaked up online has left him convinced he is ugly........
Reply 37
thanx mayne. you makin me feel GEEWWD DEEEP INSIIIIDE :smile:
Is that it? Do you not have an opinion on the question asked? 😂😂😂

Meh ! I don't think unattractive people can afford to be mean, what else have they got going for them ?
Reply 39
Original post by Supernova91
Meh ! I don't think unattractive people can afford to be mean, what else have they got going for them ?

Is that even the question? 😂😂😂

People's poor behaviour probably contributes in making them look less attractive

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending