The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Marginally Failed offer From LSE

Thank you to whoever answers my question.I did the IB DP and got a conditional offer from London School of Economics for Bsc Economics(L100). The condition was for 38 points and 7 6 6 at higher level including a 7 in math Hl. I have received 41 points with 7 7 6 at the higher level. But I marginally failed to receive a 7 in Mathematics HL.
I have been told to wait till the A level results are announced. I am an international student. Do I stand any chances and is it worth waiting for until August?
Thankyou
Original post by bhavika.324
Thank you to whoever answers my question.I did the IB DP and got a conditional offer from London School of Economics for Bsc Economics(L100). The condition was for 38 points and 7 6 6 at higher level including a 7 in math Hl. I have received 41 points with 7 7 6 at the higher level. But I marginally failed to receive a 7 in Mathematics HL.
I have been told to wait till the A level results are announced. I am an international student. Do I stand any chances and is it worth waiting for until August?
Thankyou

If they've told you wait, you have to wait until the 17th August (when A level results are out). Thread moved to the London School of Economics forum.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by DreamlinerFinder
If they've told you wait, you have to wait until the 17th August (when A level results are out). Thread moved to the London School of Economics forum.

But do I have chances of getting an unconditional offer if I wait till August?
Reply 3
But do I have chances of getting an unconditional offer if I wait till August?

If they haven't rejected you already then yes you have a chance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Doonesbury
If they haven't rejected you already then yes you have a chance.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But I have heard and read in the other forums that Economics is a very competitive course and they do not actually take in the marginally failed applicants. Is it true?
Thank you
Reply 5
But I have heard and read in the other forums that Economics is a very competitive course and they do not actually take in the marginally failed applicants. Is it true?
Thank you

It's certainly true that Econ at LSE is highly competitive and missing your offer does you no favours. But it's also the case that if they were sure they didn't want you they would have Rejected you already (assuming they have actually received your results of course...).

You are a marginal case so it's not unreasonable for them to want to see the rest of the cohort's performance in A-levels etc.

You asked if you have a chance, the answer is yes...
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Doonesbury
It's certainly true that Econ at LSE is highly competitive and missing your offer does you no favours. But it's also the case that if they were sure they didn't want you they would have Rejected you already (assuming they have actually received your results of course...).

You are a marginal case so it's not unreasonable for them to want to wait to see the rest of the cohort's performance in A-levels etc.

Yes, they have received my scores. Thank you very much for the quick reply.
Reply 7
Anyone else in a similar situation ?
I assume you've found out today. I wouldn't hope for it - last year they took nobody who marginally failed their offer in BSc Economics, though in my year they took 18 (including me.)
chill. One of my friends whom have applied for International Relationship which is also competitive failed to meet the condition. She got 73 for Alevel History and LSE asked for an overall of 80. But yesterday, she successfully argued and the school granted an offer.
CONTACT the AO as quick as possible since there are LOTS of applicants that are taking the chance. GOOD LUCK :smile:
Donyou mind me asking how your friend went about this?
Original post by antigone1005
chill. One of my friends whom have applied for International Relationship which is also competitive failed to meet the condition. She got 73 for Alevel History and LSE asked for an overall of 80. But yesterday, she successfully argued and the school granted an offer.
CONTACT the AO as quick as possible since there are LOTS of applicants that are taking the chance. GOOD LUCK :smile:

Reply 11

Original post by Emeka_Ihedioha
Donyou mind me asking how your friend went about this?

"Arguing" or indeed "asking" a university to reverse a *confirmed* decision does not work. If your decision is still showing as conditional then it can indeed be sensible to contact your university. Similarly if you have a successful remark it might be worth notifying your university - but deadlines for these vary by university, check yours.
Can you enter LSE at last?
Which year were you from ?
Original post by wadhamhopeful1
I assume you've found out today. I wouldn't hope for it - last year they took nobody who marginally failed their offer in BSc Economics, though in my year they took 18 (including me.)

What year were you from ?
Good luck with the offer. Keep us updated!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending