The Student Room Group

Getting buff makes you 2x more attractive?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Bro he went from 160lbs at 10% bf to 200lbs at 10% bf meaning he literally gained 40 pounds of raw muscle no fat. Naturally, this is a 3 year transformation. With steroids, it's a 4 month transformation.

Where did you get those numbers from? For now I'll assume they're correct but very doubtful on the 200, he's not that big. More like 190. And the bf estimate is wrong, he's around 12-15%. If you do the maths his bulk maintaining 12% results in a 26.4lb lean mass gain, which can be done naturally
Original post by unprinted
A dick with muscles is still a dick.

:rofl:
Original post by Mad Sounds
In this case, the guy is obvs on gear. If he is 6', he went from ~160lbs to ~200lbs whilst retaining indentical body fat percentage meaning he added 35+lbs of muscle which is impossible looking at his biological overview. Still a good transformation, from a 4/10 to a 7/10.

40lbs of muscle gained since starting is hardly indicative of steroid use. If you train and diet well you should gain at least 30lbs of muscle in your first 2 years of training naturally. I've put on over 50lbs of muscle and I've not used steroids yet.
Original post by WoodyMKC
40lbs of muscle gained since starting is hardly indicative of steroid use. If you train and diet well you should gain at least 30lbs of muscle in your first 2 years of training naturally. I've put on over 50lbs of muscle and I've not used steroids yet.

If you have gained 50 lbs naturally, chances are it wasn't 100% muscle
If you have gained 50 lbs naturally, chances are it wasn't 100% muscle

Yes it was. I was 140lbs with abs when I started. Now I'm around 190lbs when I have the same sort of bodyfat levels. I've been up to around 230lbs peak-bulk.
Yes it was. I was 140lbs with abs when I started. Now I'm around 190lbs when I have the same sort of bodyfat levels. I've been up to around 230lbs peak-bulk.

What's your height and current bf% btw?
What's your height and current bf% btw?

Height is 6'2''. Currently 220lbs somewhere around 16-18% bodyfat as a guess.

Forgot to add to my last post btw, Layne Norton's projection for natural lean mass gain per year of training suggests that up to 50lbs of muscle gain naturally is entirely possible if you have good genetics.

Years Training:Muscle Gain:
1 year 20-25 pounds (2 pounds per month)
2 years 10-12 pounds (1 pound per month)
3 years 5-6 pounds (.5 pound per month)
4 years 2-3 pounds (not worth calculating)
(edited 6 years ago)
Height is 6'2''. Currently 220lbs somewhere around 16-18% bodyfat as a guess.

Forgot to add to my last post btw, Layne Norton's projection for natural lean mass gain per year of training suggests that up to 50lbs of muscle gain naturally is entirely possible if you have good genetics.

Years Training:Muscle Gain:
1 year 20-25 pounds (2 pounds per month)
2 years 10-12 pounds (1 pound per month)
3 years 5-6 pounds (.5 pound per month)
4 years 2-3 pounds (not worth calculating)

does this mean if i trained for about 3-4 months about 2 years ago but i have now lost the muscle, I will not gain 20-25lbs in my first year of working out again? Even though I have now lost that muscle? But gain less since I have lost the newb gains
does this mean if i trained for about 3-4 months about 2 years ago but i have now lost the muscle, I will not gain 20-25lbs in my first year of working out again? Even though I have now lost that muscle? But gain less since I have lost the newb gains

*i have past the newb gains period,

anonymous is me, didnt mean to be anon

Original post by epistasis
*i have past the newb gains period,

anonymous is me, didnt mean to be anon

If you went in with the mindset that you're starting from scratch then you should regain that muscle back even quicker than you did the first time around. Then you will continue to make good newb gains for the next 6 months or so.
Original post by TheFarmerLad
That's b0llocks and you know it

Original post by AxSirlotl
Nah girls are still more attracted to a ripped guy than a skinny/fat guy

The only people who've ever cared about how many muscles I've had are gay men - 'Muscle Marys' are a thing on the gay scene.

Cycling means my leg muscles have been firmer than most, but I have never been able to do a single pull up. When it comes to female partners, my number is higher than your IQ. Possibly combined, as well as individually.
Original post by unprinted
The only people who've ever cared about how many muscles I've had are gay men - 'Muscle Marys' are a thing on the gay scene.

Cycling means my leg muscles have been firmer than most, but I have never been able to do a single pull up. When it comes to female partners, my number is higher than your IQ. Possibly combined, as well as individually.

Not true. Men are certainly more open about it but subconsciously most women will also be more attracted to a man who is naturally big and muscular compared one who is less so, hence why most fellas who tick these boxes get success in clubs where only raw attraction, not personality, is concerned.

So more women have left you than they have us combined? Congratulations
(edited 6 years ago)
The guy went from anorexic to normal body weight. Ofc he wasn't attractive when he weighs less than most women
A lot of guys complaining about being ugly are just being lazy.

Just look at this guy, he went from being a 4/10 to an 8/10 and all he did was get buff:

http://imgur.com/h5qinVz

That guy looks like a starving african in the first picture though. A typical guy will not look 2x more attractive to women on average after developing a bodybuilder physique, I'd wager.
Reply 34
Original post by awkwardshortguy
That guy looks like a starving african in the first picture though. A typical guy will not look 2x more attractive to women on average after developing a bodybuilder physique, I'd wager.

Your username is quite fitting for the anger expressed in your post. Sexual attraction is very subconscious in both males and females. We arent different to primate animals in the Kingdom. But again, you said youre short and awkward, so i also wager that you have no chance when it comes to sexual attraction
there was nothing wrong with his face to begin with though

an ugly face is still ugly after developing muscles
Reply 36
there was nothing wrong with his face to begin with though

an ugly face is still ugly after developing muscles

Lol wheres your logic coming from?
Original post by Concav
Your username is quite fitting for the anger expressed in your post. Sexual attraction is very subconscious in both males and females. We arent different to primate animals in the Kingdom. But again, you said youre short and awkward, so i also wager that you have no chance when it comes to sexual attraction

Nah I'm pretty sure you'll find my shortness and awkwardness are massive turn-ons mate
Reply 38
Original post by awkwardshortguy
Nah I'm pretty sure you'll find my shortness and awkwardness are massive turn-ons mate

Ok. Let me answer your previous Q
Im an attractive guy. Gym body, 6'0, nice eyes, nice hair, wears expensive cloths etc, however my body (and height) is what i get complimented most often. Though, i must be somewhat facially attractive as if i had a 0/10 face on a gym body, girls will probs just be replused by me as you do look at the face first, though your eyes are indeed big enough to see your whole body and face. Having a 5/10 face on a 10/10 body (tall height aswell), will bump you up to a low 7/strong 6. Having a 7/10 face with 10/10 body will bump you to a weak 8/strong 7.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Concav
Ok. Let me answer your previous Q
Im an attractive guy. Gym body, 6'0, nice eyes, nice hair, wears expensive cloths etc, however my body (and height) is what i get complimented most often. Though, i must be somewhat facially attractive as if i had a 0/10 face on a gym body, girls will probs just be replused by me as you do look at the face first, though your eyes are indeed big enough to see your whole body and face. Having a 5/10 face on a 10/10 body (tall height aswell), will bump you up to a low 7/strong 6. Having a 7/10 face with 10/10 body will bump you to a weak 8/strong 7.

What previous question?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending