The Student Room Group

Oxford PPE

Hi, I'm interested in studying PPE at Oxford and I have been for a while. I know the offer is AAA but I'd like to know what everyone else got as I imagine they'll only accept straight A* students and I have AAA for my application with economics, politics and history. I also have a maths AS which I don't have the great yet but am hoping for an A. I'm planning on doing an EPQ and am reading multiple philosophy books. Is there anything else I can do to impress the politics or economics tutors to make my application stand out?
Original post by Will_Ruth
Hi, I'm interested in studying PPE at Oxford and I have been for a while. I know the offer is AAA but I'd like to know what everyone else got as I imagine they'll only accept straight A* students and I have AAA for my application with economics, politics and history. I also have a maths AS which I don't have the great yet but am hoping for an A. I'm planning on doing an EPQ and am reading multiple philosophy books. Is there anything else I can do to impress the politics or economics tutors to make my application stand out?

If you want stats, this is quite a useful summary for the 2016 entry
Original post by OxFossil
If you want stats, this is quite a useful summary for the 2016 entry

Interesting - I don't suppose you know where to find this information for other courses?
Original post by youknownothing7
Interesting - I don't suppose you know where to find this information for other courses?

I was going to link the very same, but @OxFossil beat me to it :tongue:

The information is compiled by individual departments or course administrators, so not all courses will provide this without being asked (either at Oxford or generally).

However you can request the same information through a freedom of information act request (from any course/institution, although some exceptionally small courses may be very limited in what information they can provide to avoid disclosing personally identifying information), although I recommend carefully thinking about exactly what information you ask for and how, as they'll likely just send you the raw data and it may not be formatted in a very useful way if you don't ask them in a clever manner :smile:

Are your predicted grades AAA, or are these achieved? If the latter case, your application would be at the weaker end, but if you manage to get an interview, a strong interview performance may ameliorate this. If the former it's not ideal but you're more likely to get an interview with that predicted than achieved, particularly if you have a strong GCSE profile.
Original post by youknownothing7

Original post by artful_lounger
).

However you can request the same information through a freedom of information act request (from any course/institution...

As the @artful_lounger says, this kind of info is often to be found through FOI requests. Since these are public, you can often find the stats you are looking for from responses to past FOI requests. Just do a google search using the relevant terms - Oxford/PPE/GSCE/admisssions statistics or whatever.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending