The Student Room Group

HOW to apply for a HCA role working at a hospital

I am not confident enough going to people's houses therefore, can I get work in a hospital instead? If so, how do I apply for it?
Reply 1
Original post by WutJob..
I am not confident enough going to people's houses therefore, can I get work in a hospital instead? If so, how do I apply for it?

You just need to look on the NHS Jobs website, and find jobs in your area. There are HCA roles in hospitals, although they may be called different names - if you want to work in A+E it might be called "EDA" or Emergency Department Assistant. You'll need to look at the job description to see if it's what you want.
Reply 2
Original post by Juno
You just need to look on the NHS Jobs website, and find jobs in your area. There are HCA roles in hospitals, although they may be called different names - if you want to work in A+E it might be called "EDA" or Emergency Department Assistant. You'll need to look at the job description to see if it's what you want.

I can't find any in london -.- I have spent 2 months searching and the school holidays are ending soooooooon, help me pls
Reply 3
I can't find any in london -.- I have spent 2 months searching and the school holidays are ending soooooooon, help me pls

Well, I spent about 30 seconds looking and found adverts for the PRU in Bromley and Imperial College Hospital.
Reply 4
Original post by Juno
Well, I spent about 30 seconds looking and found adverts for the PRU in Bromley and Imperial College Hospital.

that will take me on for 2 months? :colondollar:
that will take me on for 2 months? :colondollar:

I worked as an HCA and it took me 7 weeks to get a start date by the time my DBS came through so for two months you might be pushing it.
Reply 6
Original post by princessmaire80
I worked as an HCA and it took me 7 weeks to get a start date by the time my DBS came through so for two months you might be pushing it.

thats just gr8........I wanted to give something back to the community whilst earning ( a little bit) of money and hopefully improve my communication skills cos they suck A LOT :frown:*

thanks tho!
thats just gr8........I wanted to give something back to the community whilst earning ( a little bit) of money and hopefully improve my communication skills cos they suck A LOT :frown:*

thanks tho!

Ah sorry to be the bearer of bad news :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending