The Student Room Group

Poll: Do you need an alarm to wake you up?

Poll

Do you need an alarm to wake you in the morning?

How many of you wake up without the need of an alarm?

I'm terrible when it comes to waking up in the morning. I set an alarm before going to bed all happy chappy and then cuss myself when it goes off in the morning :rofl:

The cussing is more because I set the tone to some terrifying sound, like people screaming, bells clanging, sirens going off. Before going to bed I keep my phone on top of the wardrobe, right at the back using a chair to get there. Doing that, I remove all the chairs from my room and then go to bed.

The next morning I'm clawing at the wardrobe in order to get to the phone all the while cussing myself. :lol:
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Alarms don't work for me.
My father woke me up at 7 every morning so I automatically wake up at 7-8 :tongue:
Original post by Hamoody

I'm terrible when it comes to waking up in the morning. I set an alarm before going to bed all happy chappy and then cuss myself when it goes off in the morning :rofl:

I wish I had a robot to wake me up, alarms don't work for me at all!
I need an alarm to wake me up xD otherwise I'll just sleep on and then regret it lol :tongue:
Original post by Hamoody

thats sooo meeee ahahaha i get gassed the night b4 like yeah i got plans and shi*t but the alarm goes off and i slam it shut
Original post by JMR2017
Alarms don't work for me.

How come? :K:
lol yeah same!!
i like to put an annoying ringtone so I can wake up and get going cos if it's an amazing ringtone that I will probably dance to for 5 minutes then there's no point of that alarm.
I stay awake most of the time, and when I do sleep, it's usually for an hour or two max until I "wake up naturally" :tongue:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by elforjg02
thats sooo meeee ahahaha i get gassed the night b4 like yeah i got plans and shi*t but the alarm goes off and i slam it shut

af63853c216930bdbfe666013c219195.jpg

Every single day :rofl:
Original post by Batgirl98
How come? :K:

I can't hear it in my dreams.
there are set times where nothing will wake me up, a f*cking earthquake won't get in the way if my dreams litty enough
Original post by Hamoody
af63853c216930bdbfe666013c219195.jpg

Every single day :rofl:

ahaha goes back to sleep until 3pm :biggrin:
Original post by JMR2017
I can't hear it in my dreams.

That's lucky in a way I guess, my alarm always wakes me up when I'm in the middle of my dreams :frown:
Original post by Dr Strange
I stay awake most of the time, and when I do sleep, it's usually for an hour or two max until I "wake up naturally" :tongue:

I would look like a zombie
Original post by Batgirl98
That's lucky in a way I guess, my alarm always wakes me up when I'm in the middle of my dreams :frown:

someone opens the bedroom door and switches on the light...it will wake me up !:frown:
Reply 17
Original post by elforjg02
ahaha goes back to sleep until 3pm :biggrin:

Erm no, I've got exams coming up :erm:

:rofl::rofl:
Depends how early. If before 7 then at least 5 alarms in the space of 30 mins on snooze are required
I will sleep through the rest of my life if no one wakes me up.

Quick Reply

Latest