The Student Room Group

What is my sexuality?

As a teen I soon learned some parts of my sexuality was unacceptable to lgbt people. Generally speaking to start I was always a little different as a child. I didn't know care or understand gender. My mom would dress me up as a little girl and I wouldn't at all complain. But most everything about me was like the other little boys. I identified as female. Once I had a though about if men and women could be women and men and I thought that was cool. I never really noticed until about 11 that I was different from most other girls. Apart of me is that I am genetically male. But on the outside I'm female. Very convincingly. But I do believe being intersex kind of has affected me where I never understood gender and nor cared to and never really could relate with women. With my gender or even my own sexuality. I really wanted to be like other girls as a teen though and kind of envied that I kind of always felt a little like odd no one could understand me because I tried really hard to look very feminine but I am not a very feminine person. So it's very mismatched for people and at that age I wanted to people please.

Anyhow I generally don't find people attractive by gender and I don't define myself by gender. I define myself by my own anatomy. But like I am attracted to men. But one it's in an odd way some of the time. Some of the time it is almost like women like men. Then I am not attracted masculinity. I just like certain physical attributes about men. And I really don't want to do intercourse with them. I'd rather do oral most of the time. Plus I have been in long distance relationships with guys and 2 girls. One was transwoman and the other was intersex like me but she now lives as a man. She didn't then because we were both teens at the time. But I never find cis women attractive. One thing is I can't imagine being intimate I don't like the female sex part I really don't even like my own. But at the same time I don't care about gender I just care about sex. I've had people think I was bi for this and people say I was straight for this.

Well anyhow would this be consider straight? Or not? I mainly am attracted to men. And anyone who was born male at least to some extent. Never been attracted to ciswomen
(edited 6 years ago)
Confused
You don't have to decide what you are and put yourself into a category - things will become clearer in time. Have you spoken to anyone about being intersex? I'm sure that has been difficult.
Reply 3
Original post by YaliaV
You don't have to decide what you are and put yourself into a category - things will become clearer in time. Have you spoken to anyone about being intersex? I'm sure that has been difficult.

no not really for me I think if I had not known as a teen it would have been more confusing imo.

Generally people think I'm just straight. But I don't work like straight people do on the gender level rather the sex level. But it's not that different. Most straight people think I'm straight.
It sounds as though you're bisexual- attracted to males and nonbinary people. However, most people perceive bisexuality as pertaining to attraction to both males and females, so you could always use the term polysexual. You could also describe yourself as polysexual in that you're interested in all sexes/genders other than cisgender women. Well, good luck with everything!
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
It sounds as though you're bisexual- attracted to males and nonbinary people. However, most people perceive bisexuality as pertaining to attraction to both males and females, so you could always use the term polysexual. You could also describe yourself as polysexual in that you're interested in all sexes/genders other than cisgender women. Well, good luck with everything!

well it's anyone who was born basically female only. Like I'm attracted to my own sex that being those who are both male and female but not people who were born just female. It's a sex thing rather than a gender thing.

Yeah though I always think technically I am bi because I don't just like men. I prefer men but it's the only gender I'm attracted to.

But the general perception of bisexuality is men and women and the general definition of a woman I'm not attracted to. It only happens if that woman was also born intersex biologically or biologically male preferably. I am clearly attracted to the male sex all in all even delving deeply
Reply 6
How are you genetically male but female on the outside? Why did your mum dress you as a girl?
Reply 7
Original post by NOONA.
How are you genetically male but female on the outside? Why did your mum dress you as a girl?

I have a y chromosome so that's how I'm genetically male but was born female. Which is why my mom raised me female. Because on the outside I am just like other girls.

But I never minded most girls that are genetically male don't have an issue with it. For me it has only been that I don't really act the same or feel the same as ciswoman does.

I'm intersex so that's why I'm both male and female as far as sex goes.

Quick Reply

Latest