AMA

Scroll to see replies

@qasim_96 swear down I predicted one of these AMA's
Original post by life is a test
AMA

I ain't Somali but I just wanna give a shoutout to my mate Abdi and Mohammed
Original post by AryanGh
@qasim_96 swear down I predicted one of these AMA's

Ah one of these threads... This must've been on the list of threads we predicted somewhere 😂
Are the people around you, racist towards you?
were you 'fleeing the civil war' also do you shop in Iceland
Original post by Dragon5555
Are the people around you, racist towards you?

nope. never encountered a racist.. although i know many people are covertly racist in this modern era they just tend to not say things to your face. lol
Original post by karl pilkington
were you 'fleeing the civil war' also do you shop in Iceland

yes the civil war affected my family. I wouldn't be living in the UK if there was no civil war. Havent shopped at iceland as there in none close to where i live.
Are you good at speaking somali?? :smile:
Original post by life is a test
yes the civil war affected my family. I wouldn't be living in the UK if there was no civil war. Havent shopped at iceland as there in none close to where i live.

don't you think that a lot of them use the civil war and exaggerate it just so that they can live here?
don't you think that a lot of them use the civil war and exaggerate it just so that they can live here?

Do you think if you lived in a war torn country you'd do everything in your power to escape it so your children can grow up in safety? 99% of the people wouldn't last 5 minutes in some of these countries.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/07/14/africa/somalia-drought-violence-against-women/index.html
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/03/04/africa/somalia-drought-deaths/index.html

this should get you started. If you really want to know how bad somewhere is, research it. Ignorance is bliss though I guess.
Original post by EternalLight
Do you think if you lived in a war torn country you'd do everything in your power to escape it so your children can grow up in safety? 99% of the people wouldn't last 5 minutes in some of these countries.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/07/14/africa/somalia-drought-violence-against-women/index.html
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/03/04/africa/somalia-drought-deaths/index.html

this should get you started. If you really want to know how bad somewhere is, research it. Ignorance is bliss though I guess.

yes but don't you accept that we can't possibly have a load of people here every time there is a war there are civil wars in Ukraine and Syria as well
Reply 12
Is your name Abdi?
yes but don't you accept that we can't possibly have a load of people here every time there is a war there are civil wars in Ukraine and Syria as well

I expect humans to reach into their humanity and help each other. That means we should take in as many people as realistically possible who are crying out for the world to help them. Not just the UK but any country that is able to help should help.
(edited 6 years ago)

How do you expect her to reply on behalf of those who may and may not exaggerate? How do you expect her to decide on whether the majority ("a lot of them") use the civil war for that purpose? Suppose her family did for that reason, how would she still answer to whether the majority do this for only this reason of living in the UK?

Oh please, just let people live for crying out loud, you are just boring us with these statements.

See, I love the internet, there are no borders here, nor there is any land that nations can own. There are no foreigners here, we are all equals. I wish our real life was like this.

Deal with it :biggrin: we'll have these people in our country for a while and you have the choice of treating them well or like crap...I guess. Flexibility is a skill.
Original post by Steljoy
Oh please, just let people live for crying out loud, you are just boring us with these statements.

See, I love the internet, there are no borders here, nor there is any land that nations can own. There are no foreigners here, we are all equals. I wish our real life was like this.

Equality does not exist. Simple as. By stating it does, you change fk all. By acting you can do something not by saying it does and hoping for a change.
Original post by Dragon5555
Equality does not exist. Simple as. By stating it does, you change fk all. By acting you can do something not by saying it does and hoping for a change.

Okay..?
Original post by EternalLight
I expect humans to reach into their humanity and help each other. That means we should take in as many people as realistically possible who are crying out for the world to help them. Not just the UK but any country that is able to help should help.

realistically possible doesn't mean anything there's is not enough space in this country and we also have to preserve our country and our culture. Charity starts at home. How many of these people are actually at all grateful and actually make an effort to integrate? Start at 44:20

[video="youtube;fbcfjrThP5k"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbcfjrThP5k[/video]
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest