The Student Room Group

A level resits regarding medicine

Hi guys,

Im waiting for my as results i have a feeling that i did horribly bad. As i do the new spec i was wondering whether doing the whole a level spec in a year would count as a resit for medicine? That would mean i would complete the whole a level in 2 years instead of 3 because we were meant to do all theexams for bio, chem and maths in second year anyway? Obviously i cant apply for 2018 entry coz i did badly
Original post by leclapped
Hi guys,

Im waiting for my as results i have a feeling that i did horribly bad. As i do the new spec i was wondering whether doing the whole a level spec in a year would count as a resit for medicine? That would mean i would complete the whole a level in 2 years instead of 3 because we were meant to do all theexams for bio, chem and maths in second year anyway? Obviously i cant apply for 2018 entry coz i did badly

Waiting for exam results can be incredibly tough. What makes you think you've done badly- was it just one paper you found difficult or in general were the papers tough? Tbh, you might have done better than you think. Keep hope! With regards to re-sits, I think you will be able to sit them next year June. Don't try to stress and worry on something you can't change, it's not good for your health. Try to enjoy this summer ( I know it's easier said than done)!!
In general the papers were hard and i had health issues :frown: if i do the whole spec in a year is it still a resit tho? Thanks for the help :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
In general the papers were hard and i had health issues :frown: if i do the whole spec in a year is it still a resit tho? Thanks for the help :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sorry you went through a difficult time during exams. It must have been a stressful period for you. Did you speak to anyone about it? I hope you're feeling better now :smile: And, yes, as it would've been your second attempt at the paper. Please, do not try to worry, everything will work out :smile: Keep faith!
Reply 4

Posted from TSR Mobile

If it's redoing the same subject then yes it's a resit.

Edit: But you should notify your universities if you have extenuating circumstances.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by games211
I'm sorry you went through a difficult time during exams. It must have been a stressful period for you. Did you speak to anyone about it? I hope you're feeling better now :smile: And, yes, as it would've been your second attempt at the paper. Please, do not try to worry, everything will work out :smile: Keep faith!

Yeah i got hospital tests done thanks for the help :smile:
Original post by Doonesbury
If it's redoing the same subject then yes it's a resit.

Aah i see, in a2 we are still going to take the as unit because of the new spec so would that still make a difference because the as results don't really count?
Reply 7
Aah i see, in a2 we are still going to take the as unit because of the new spec so would that still make a difference because the as results don't really count?

The AS counts. But if you are doing the new (linear) spec then it's a standalone qualification and doesn't contribute to the A-level grade. It's up to the university to decide if the AS is relevant or not.

Also see my edit about extenuating circumstances.
Thank you :smile:
Reply 9
Hi , I did quite poorly in My AS exams, I took Psychology, English lit, Politics and Biology. I got CCEU , I have changed sixth forms and i have changed my subjects to Biology , chemistry and maths. my new subjects are A levels with no AS exams , so i'll finish my exams in 2019 meaning I would have spent 3 years at sixth form. Does this still count as retaking as it isn't like i had done my A level exams. Is it still possible that i can do medicine?
Thank you I will do !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending