The Student Room Group

The worst thing your parents do

That you find unbearable etc., what is it?
I would not know where to start. Broken promises, ignoring, etc.

Scroll to see replies

My mum always whinges she also nags a lot and begs my 3 yr old niece for kisses which really annoys me.
everything they do is out of love so complaining doesn't feel right but.... WHEN YOU MISS MY DELIVERY FFS
Keep moaning about how useless I am

Spoiler

I asked my parents for a Lambo but they insisted the max they'll get for my first car is a Range Rover...

:colonhash:
Reply 5
Comparing you to other people...Like literally anything she can think of: cousins who can cook, her friend's son with a higher paying job, random guy walking down the street, neighbours cat, etc...
Reply 6
Original post by angelike1
I asked my parents for a Lambo but they insisted the max they'll get for my first car is a Range Rover...

:colonhash:

THIS. I also asked for a private A380 instead they bought me a stupid CJ3
Original post by qasim_96
Keep moaning about how useless I am

Spoiler

:rofl:

My mum always asks me if I've locked the front door when I enter the house and I literally lock it every single time but she still asks me every time she hears me come home. So annoying :colonhash:
Original post by EternalLight
:rofl:

My mum always asks me if I've locked the front door when I enter the house and I literally lock it every single time but she still asks me every time she hears me come home. So annoying :colonhash:

😂😂😂

It's the same with me. My mum would tell me to do something and then come back and make sure I've done it cause she knows how forgetful I am 😂
Lol. where do i start. one of my parents is unbearable, if people had any idea about how broken my family is.
i have never been one to talk about my family to my friends as they are separate so yeh that's one of the reasons im always down since some people judge i feel. have a lot on my mind about it all
Original post by storm95
THIS. I also asked for a private A380 instead they bought me a stupid CJ3

Wtf? And I thought my parents were stingy *****.

May as well have us attend a ****ing state school and get us to work part time jobs. :angry:
Moans about ****ing EVERYTHING.
Reply 12
Original post by qasim_96
😂😂😂

It's the same with me. My mum would tell me to do something and then come back and make sure I've done it cause she knows how forgetful I am 😂

nah mayne, your mum just wants to check because she knows you might forget because you spend so much time MAKIN AWL KIIINDS OF GAIIIIIINZZZZZ.

Spoiler

Original post by angelike1
Wtf? And I thought my parents were stingy *****.

May as well have us attend a ****ing state school and get us to work part time jobs. :angry:

what is a 'part time job'? sounds horrible :afraid:
Original post by eden3
nah mayne, your mum just wants to check because she knows you might forget because you spend so much time MAKIN AWL KIIINDS OF GAIIIIIINZZZZZ.

Spoiler

That deserves an AYMENNNN.
Original post by UWS
Comparing you to other people...Like literally anything she can think of: cousins who can cook, her friend's son with a higher paying job, random guy walking down the street, neighbours cat, etc...

This was what caused me to put my head down and work harder just so maybe one day I can have my mum not comparing me.
Original post by storm95
what is a 'part time job'? sounds horrible :afraid:

Ask any of the poor gits here.

Better than approaching one irl. Eugh...
My house has 3 floors and my dad, instead of going and finding people he needs to walk to, insists on standing at the bottom of the stairs and just shouting at the top of his lungs...he also sits in front of the TV watching the cycling ALL WEEKEND, it's like no one else is allowed to watch anything.

He's fat and has a short temper as well, so that's always fun.

My mum talks to my dad horribly and makes sure everyone else feels the same when she's in a bad mood, eventually erupting into an argument - often with my dad - that'll leave an atmosphere that lingers like nuclear fallout for the next few days.

This happens every 6 months or so, and during that time the tension just goes up and up and up.

I love them both very much and they want the best for me, but they love to act like nothing's wrong when their marriage is evidently toxic.
Reply 18
I hate when they want me to do something and get angry for not doing it… when they didn’t even ask me to do it. Like if I don’t do the washing up my dad will starting complaining saying stuff like “ugh I always do work around here and don’t get rest” and I just think wow, if you just say “can you do the washing up” I’ll get up and do it… sometimes it’s such stupid things like am I supposed to read your mind??

My mum always used to compare me until one day I had a massive go at her and well, she always compared me to my cousins and well they didn’t turn out the best :u:

I just hate really hate it when my dad doesn’t communicate. Seriously if he just spoke his mind a little more both our lives would be 100x better. I also hate how my parents come to me with literally all their problems, it’s pretty stressful and draining… I can barely cope with my own problems, the last thing I need to know is my parents problems lol
Blaming EVERYTHING that happens to me on my phone/the internet!

Broke your leg? Because of your damn phone!
Headache? Because of your stupid computer!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending