The Student Room Group

Sainsbury's thread Mk IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by VickyTink
I'm not sure if petrol has different rules but I know anybody who works in the car park has to wear the nonslip shoes, so you may need yours if you ever have to be on the forecourt... there are two types, one is more a trainer, the other a boot style, I personally found the boot style comfier. Either way, as I said I wear trainers unless I'm on the back door so you should be fine

yeah, I guess it just depends. My supervisor in petrol wore smartish shoes you'd typically wear to a wedding so i guess as long as they arent like bright pink it should be fine
Original post by c_murray
okay so this is a stupid question but would I be able to wear van old skool trainers to work? I wore them today and no one said anything as they are mainly black shoes, they just have a few white accents. like they did provide you with trainers but in my local store someone wears converse and the trainers they gave us don't look particularly great

What's it like working petrol station? I'm in a local atm but hoping to get transferred for uni.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by indigo_blue
What's it like working petrol station? I'm in a local atm but hoping to get transferred for uni.

well I havent done my first proper shift there yet, but so far it seems like it will be quite easy going, as the supervisor ensured me that I wont be dealing with petrol deliveries or left alone until I've been there for a good while. At certain times of the day it can get really busy but then its also relatively quiet at some points.
Hey would anyone be able to help me out with the masers really need a job!! Thank you
Reply 7064
Can we use our discount cards in Argos?

Also can we use them to buy phones? Is there any exceptions?
Original post by 3mmz
Can we use our discount cards in Argos?

Also can we use them to buy phones? Is there any exceptions?

Yes you can, I used mine to buy my new phone recently
What sort of thing do I need to write in a resignation letter?

I'm not 100% sure whether to leave or not yet, part of me wants to stay as it is a good job with really good pay, but
a) I don't have enough holiday left to book off all the uni open days (I work 9-6 every Saturday and most open days are Sat)
b) I feel it might be too much to handle through Y13, I'm planning on doing an EPQ and have some mental health probs

Any answers to my Q or general advice?
Original post by princesshan
What sort of thing do I need to write in a resignation letter?

I'm not 100% sure whether to leave or not yet, part of me wants to stay as it is a good job with really good pay, but
a) I don't have enough holiday left to book off all the uni open days (I work 9-6 every Saturday and most open days are Sat)
b) I feel it might be too much to handle through Y13, I'm planning on doing an EPQ and have some mental health probs

Any answers to my Q or general advice?

Letter should contain the date you wish to resign, at least 4 weeks away and Your reasons for leaving. That's the mandatory stuff, but people tend to thank employers in a resignation letter.

Have you spoken to anybody at work regarding open days falling on your shifts? They may offer solutions such as swapping shifts on those particular days or giving you unpaid time off to attend them. Sainsburys are pretty good with educational matters.

I definitely think you should speak to someone at work about your concerns, be it hr, a manager or a supervisor, doesn't have to be someone on your department, just someone you would feel comfortable talking to for now :smile:
Reply 7068
Original post by princesshan
Yes you can, I used mine to buy my new phone recently

How much did you get off?
Hi guys

Ive overslept to my shifts few times. Could this get me a disciplinary
Original post by Junaid1998
Hi guys

Ive overslept to my shifts few times. Could this get me a disciplinary

Potentially, yes.

Are you making the hours up that you miss? How late do you tend to be when you oversleep? Has anyone spoken to you about it?
Hey guys I have an interview with sainsburys next week and there any advice or tips you could give me? Thanks
Potentially, yes.

Are you making the hours up that you miss? How late do you tend to be when you oversleep? Has anyone spoken to you about it?

Yes always make up hours. I was meant to be in at 7 got in at 830 today.. and no not yet just colleagues on my department have a good laugh lol
Original post by 3mmz
How much did you get off?

You get 10% off in Argos, you just have to show your discount card and sign for it.
I've just went today for a interview. They will definitely ask you why you want to work for Sainsbury's and why your looking for a job. The other questions are very similar to every retail store questions. Make sure you make up examples to prove to them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did you say when they asked why do you want to work for sainsburys
Original post by Charlielakes1
What did you say when they asked why do you want to work for sainsburys

"I have shopped at sainsburys for many years since i was a kid. The satisfaction i received as a customer was great. I would like to return the favour by working for sainsburys and ensuring customers are satisfied when shopping with sainsburys" ******** but try to make it realistic
Original post by Jahir
"I have shopped at sainsburys for many years since i was a kid. The satisfaction i received as a customer was great. I would like to return the favour by working for sainsburys and ensuring customers are satisfied when shopping with sainsburys" ******** but try to make it realistic

Thank you so much
Letter should contain the date you wish to resign, at least 4 weeks away and Your reasons for leaving. That's the mandatory stuff, but people tend to thank employers in a resignation letter.

Have you spoken to anybody at work regarding open days falling on your shifts? They may offer solutions such as swapping shifts on those particular days or giving you unpaid time off to attend them. Sainsburys are pretty good with educational matters.

I definitely think you should speak to someone at work about your concerns, be it hr, a manager or a supervisor, doesn't have to be someone on your department, just someone you would feel comfortable talking to for now :smile:

Thank you, I'm off for the next week so I'll have to have a think about things. Who would I hand the letter in to, is it HR or dept manager?
Original post by Charlielakes1
Thank you so much

Your welcome. Try expand on your answers and make sure you are prepared to give plenty of examples to any questions they ask you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending