The Student Room Group

19 year-old, male virgin, feels lonely

The title summarises the whole thing neatly, but it's been making me feel awful recently. I've not really been kissed either.

I went to an all boys school until college (I feel this may have hindered my social development in this area), At college, I met this one girl who was really special to me, but it never worked out because she suffered from an illness which I nearly lost her to, so it was impossible to have a proper functioning relationship. We drifted apart because she couldn't cope with the mental strain this was putting on her and I didn't want her to feel worse. I've discovered today she is better and in a happy relationship, which is good, but it was a terrifying experience which affected me negatively

In my life I have been rejected plenty of times, I have no confidence to ask a girl out. I sincerely believe I look unattractive, even ugly (my friends dispute this, but they would as my friends wouldn't they) A girl i did ask out at uni, told me I was "Too ugly"

I've never had problems making friends and I am comfortable socially, but I am longing for something meaninful. I want to feel skin on skin contact and those sensations I've never had the privelelge to feel. All my friends have had sex. I feel lonely and different and it hurts to long for something which is so inate. Lonliness is starting to really settle in, despite the fact I have good friends and family (mostly male friends however) I could have possibly slept with a girl at uni, but I really didn't feel attracted to her (maybe that's how girls feel about me) which hurts, but I can't complain. I know it's something you can't "look for" and seeming desperate is a put off (I never portray myself as desperate to potential partners) but I can't emphasise enough how it hurts. It feels like a physical hole deep within. Ultimately, I just want to be held and loved, and feel cherished but it feels too unrealistic and I am really worried I will end up alone, never kissed, still a virgin forever. Not only are these emotional connations relevant, but I also feel like an inately sexual person who would enjoy postivive sexual experiences. It's gotten bad to the point, I feel demotivated and cry to myself alone at night.

This message can get lost in the wind of the web if it must, I don't know what to expect from it, or what I want to hear- it's just something I couldn't voice to other people face to face

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
The title summarises the whole thing neatly, but it's been making me feel awful recently. I've not really been kissed either.

I went to an all boys school until college (I feel this may have hindered my social development in this area), At college, I met this one girl who was really special to me, but it never worked out because she suffered from an illness which I nearly lost her to, so it was impossible to have a proper functioning relationship. We drifted apart because she couldn't cope with the mental strain this was putting on her and I didn't want her to feel worse. I've discovered today she is better and in a happy relationship, which is good, but it was a terrifying experience which affected me negatively

In my life I have been rejected plenty of times, I have no confidence to ask a girl out. I sincerely believe I look unattractive, even ugly (my friends dispute this, but they would as my friends wouldn't they) A girl i did ask out at uni, told me I was "Too ugly"

I've never had problems making friends and I am comfortable socially, but I am longing for something meaninful. I want to feel skin on skin contact and those sensations I've never had the privelelge to feel. All my friends have had sex. I feel lonely and different and it hurts to long for something which is so inate. Lonliness is starting to really settle in, despite the fact I have good friends and family (mostly male friends however) I could have possibly slept with a girl at uni, but I really didn't feel attracted to her (maybe that's how girls feel about me) which hurts, but I can't complain. I know it's something you can't "look for" and seeming desperate is a put off (I never portray myself as desperate to potential partners) but I can't emphasise enough how it hurts. It feels like a physical hole deep within. Ultimately, I just want to be held and loved, and feel cherished but it feels too unrealistic and I am really worried I will end up alone, never kissed, still a virgin forever. Not only are these emotional connations relevant, but I also feel like an inately sexual person who would enjoy postivive sexual experiences. It's gotten bad to the point, I feel demotivated and cry to myself alone at night.

This message can get lost in the wind of the web if it must, I don't know what to expect from it, or what I want to hear- it's just something I couldn't voice to other people face to face

No one should ever feel left out - if you want to chat DM me 🙂
As someone said above, if you ever want a chat then hit me up; I know how terrible it feels to be lonely, but just know that things will get better naturally. 19 is certainly not that old to be a virgin, and your time will deffo come. My name is sam morgan and I have a Facebook profile with a picture of a horse in it so if you wanna chat at any point then feel free to add me on fb, or just chat on here. Chin up dude, you'll be okay <3

I understand how you feel and can actually relate to most of what you've written. It's gotten to the point where I've had to come on TSR to talk to people. You just gotta be patient enough and eventually you'll find that someone. It may seem difficult but you gotta find ways to stop thinking about it. Stay positive man.

Strip club or prostitute? you choose
21. Got you beat.
Just work on improving yourself and then the girls will be queuing for you :biggrin:

Don't worry im sure a lot of tsr male users can relate xD.
Naa but in all seriousness i have seen people on tsr who are 38 and still are virgins... trust me, u will get laid, everyone gets laid atleast once in there lives lmao. Also when looking for a girl to date, one will pop up naturally, thats how the world flows.
Reply 8
Original post by sammorgan99
As someone said above, if you ever want a chat then hit me up; I know how terrible it feels to be lonely, but just know that things will get better naturally. 19 is certainly not that old to be a virgin, and your time will deffo come. My name is sam morgan and I have a Facebook profile with a picture of a horse in it so if you wanna chat at any point then feel free to add me on fb, or just chat on here. Chin up dude, you'll be okay <3

I guess you feel left out, but I can deal with that- it's more like a fear I'm going to be lonely forever. Like maybe it's an irrational fear, considering I'm only 19, but I'm just really super scared that this will be a problem in 20 years time or something and I dunno if I could deal with that very well
I'm 22, 6 ft 2 male and a virgin how bow dah
I know so many people who are in the same situation as you. You seem so genuine and nice, I'm sure in the future you will get with some lovely people. Not gonna lie, the only person I've had sex with was my ex boyfriend when I was 16 and I really wish I'd waited a few years for someone who actually loved me. So right now I'm actually wishing I was still a virgin haha. Stay positive, because honestly your time will come soon x

Hey there :smile: Check out my advice thread I made earlier on this issue. Its aimed at being a virgin in your 20s but may be helpful for you too :smile:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4852362
eat chocolate + watch prison break= Solution
The girl who said you were "too ugly" is clearly just a beatch. Do you have a good social life in general? Do you do many activities? Concentrate on being happy and relaxed. It will come.

Remember that everyone feels lonely at times, even if they appear to have a lot of friends and even if they have a partner.
Original post by awkwardshortguy
21. Got you beat.

Didn't even get my first kiss until 31 and I'm a female, beat that! A female who was usually told that she was attractive as well yet no one ever made the initiative to make a pass as me for some reason
I'm sorry to hear this.

Try joining a few online dating websites, go to speed dating events, join clubs out of interest or just approach females and have a conversation, just say "I saw you and just had to say hello to you!" and form a conversation.

Keep taking opportunities, the more you take them, something will come.

Focus on doing things that make you happy, having hobbies, work towards your ambitions.

If you ever feel the need to talk, feel free to PM me :smile:.
Get on tinder. I was bored at the beginning of the summer and gave a virgin that I got on with birthday sex for his 21st.
Didn't even get my first kiss until 31 and I'm a female, beat that! A female who was usually told that she was attractive as well yet no one ever made the initiative to make a pass as me for some reason

Challenge accepted. Remind me in ten years to gloat to you about my victory :tongue:

Congratulations, you're exactly normal.
Try powerlifting man

Latest

Trending

Trending