The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sanaa SurnamE
anyone taken a gap year and applied?

Yep.
Original post by Obiejess
I never got to do an open day either. But what I'm going to do is (if I meet my offer) go down in my own time and have a look around Cambridge myself. Most of the open day stuff is about applications so it will be a bit rubbish.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Forecast
Yes, it is. I went down to see the accomodation at my college (I'd not visited before either, due to being pooled) the other week and it was a good day out.
Ah right, thanks guys. I think I'll go but maybe just stay for the accommodation tours, not sure about meeting academic staff though as that might appear a bit eager!
Reply 3882
Original post by Steliata
I'm thinking of going to a September open day at my college since I never visited before interview so didn't see the fresher's accommodation, do you guys reckon it's worth the bother?

My son never saw any of his college's accomodation until he started, despite being in Cambridge on a number of occasions...

But I'd say if you can it's a good idea :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Steliata
I'm thinking of going to a September open day at my college since I never visited before interview so didn't see the fresher's accommodation, do you guys reckon it's worth the bother?

If you go there and they let you see a typical fresher's room, it's worth taking note of how much (not much) and what kind of storage space you can get, like a wardrobe, a chest of drawers, a desk, space under sink, bookshelf, etc.
Girls tend to need more stuff than boys (esp. clothings), so knowing it helps you to decide how much stuff you're going to take in September.
Original post by vincrows
I really hope you get the result you need in August.
Otherwise all these new knowledge you obtained last few days will be wasted.......together with our time answering the questions. :tongue:

All of interest and use to those of us with unconditional places.
Any other 18 year olds with unconditional places on here?
Original post by Bunratty
All of interest and use to those of us with unconditional places.
Any other 18 year olds with unconditional places on here?

Oh hi ur bak
Original post by 11234
Could u explain how u understood big and little o notation and use in integration

Any specific questions?
Reply 3887
Original post by physicsmaths
Any specific questions?

Sometimes in a taylor expansion you could use eithwr big or little o how do you know if it is bounded or negligible
My daughter just missed her offer and has been told she has to wait until 17th August. Does this really mean 17th August or whenever A level students in a similar position have had re-marks etc? i.e. could we be talking about another few days or even weeks after the 17th? 😬 Wondering what has happened in previous years?
Reply 3889
Original post by Magnificat7
My daughter just missed her offer and has been told she has to wait until 17th August. Does this really mean 17th August or whenever A level students in a similar position have had re-marks etc? i.e. could we be talking about another few days or even weeks after the 17th? 😬 Wondering what has happened in previous years?

They will almost certainly give the decision on the 17th. They get A-level results a few days before that and will have a good idea of the final situation. Yes there will be A-level near-misses, the Summer Pool and also remarks which need to be notified before 31st August but you'd be unlikely to get caught up in that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3891

Very few Historians get places via the Summer Pool (just 4 per year in the last 3 years). Your decision will almost certainly be known by Results Day.
Dy9yr_f-thumbnail-100-0_s-600x0.jpg
Original post by SteamboatMickey
Dy9yr_f-thumbnail-100-0_s-600x0.jpg

Always :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Doonesbury
Very few Historians get places via the Summer Pool (just 4 per year in the last 3 years). Your decision will almost certainly be known by Results Day.

Not History - Education with English
Reply 3895
Not History - Education with English

Even fewer - 1 per year in the past 3 years.
Attachment not found
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Doonesbury
Even fewer - 1 per year in the past 3 years.
Attachment not found

Ok, and thank you!
Reply 3897
Ok, and thank you!

No problem, and even if your daughter is in the pool you should still get your decision on (I think) the Friday at the latest.

Edit: confirmed.
(edited 6 years ago)
All the colleges are slightly different but the basics i.e. Good Bmat and grades are pretty much the same. Some colleges like mine put more emphasis on the interview.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3899
Original post by Asclepium
All the colleges are slightly different but the basics i.e. Good Bmat and grades are pretty much the same. Some colleges like mine put more emphasis on the interview, ...

Please don't promote your personal YouTube channel :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending