The Student Room Group

Biology ADVISE

hi guys I'm at the point where i need to choose my a levels i love biology but hate chemistry, i was thinking instead of taking chemistry i would do math... does this give me a disadvantage? subjects i think I'm taking math, biology,business studies and spanish are these good subjects to take? i want to do something with animals, marine biology careers like that
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by sarah1223
hi guys I'm at the point where i need to choose my a levels i love biology but hate chemistry, i was thinking instead of taking chemistry i would do math... does this give me a disadvantage? subjects i think I'm taking math, biology,business studies and spanish are these good subjects to take? i want to do something with animals, marine biology careers like that

Maybe have a look at marine biology courses you're interested to see what their entry requirements are? I have always said to myself pick subjects that I have a passion or will enjoy, you'll love going to the classes and enjoy revision too. Good luck!
Hey, aspiring Marine Biologist here. I found that most Biology or Marine Biology courses required Biology + one out of Maths, Chem, Physics.

So you would be fine doing Bio, Maths, Spanish and Business.
Original post by _archangel
Hey, aspiring Marine Biologist here. I found that most Biology or Marine Biology courses required Biology + one out of Maths, Chem, Physics.

I am also an aspiring marine biologist:smile::smile:
I have found that they don't specify chemistry but when the admissions people talk to you they REALLY want you to take chemistry... But then it depends on where you apply:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by _archangel

thank you!!!

Quick Reply

Latest