The Student Room Group

Can I defer entry on results day?

Afternoon,

I have decided it would be in my best interests to defer entry to my chosen university this year, should i get the required grades. I feel that this is the right decision for my based on the fact that I am still stressed, and feeling depressed from the rush and battle of a-levels.

In my gap year, I plan to do a bit of part time work, earn some money to live a comfortable life, and help with the maintenance loan, as well as travel around Europe.

I feel like this gap year will allow me to take my foot off the gas, and get in the right frame of mind for university. After all, surely a university doesn't want to waste time and resources on a student who is not ready to study just yet.

I also want to reconsider my options, as I'm not sure if a Geology course is for me.

TL;DR, can I defer entry on results day this year?

Many thanks.
Original post by SASASPIRER
Afternoon,

I have decided it would be in my best interests to defer entry to my chosen university this year, should i get the required grades. I feel that this is the right decision for my based on the fact that I am still stressed, and feeling depressed from the rush and battle of a-levels.

In my gap year, I plan to do a bit of part time work, earn some money to live a comfortable life, and help with the maintenance loan, as well as travel around Europe.

I feel like this gap year will allow me to take my foot off the gas, and get in the right frame of mind for university. After all, surely a university doesn't want to waste time and resources on a student who is not ready to study just yet.

I also want to reconsider my options, as I'm not sure if a Geology course is for me.

Many thanks.

You can ask , but its up to them whether they accept it. Tell them asap.
Saying you can send a note from your GP about the depression may lead them to look more favourably as well.

The gap year in general sounds like a good idea. In the event you get the grades then you can simply reapply anyway so Id go for the gap and its much better than messing your first year up.
Reply 2
Original post by SASASPIRER
Afternoon,

Many thanks.

Yes you can. But if you plan to defer it's better to tell them now rather than later.

They won't withdraw the offer if you ask to defer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending