The Student Room Group

People who take selfies

Don't you think people who take regular selfies have a narcassistic personality trait?
Isn't that off putting in a potentional relationship?
How about those who post regular selfies to instagram? That sh*t would annoy me.
It's not only narcassistic, it's attention seeking.

Scroll to see replies

.....coming from an anon who was dumb enough to post this in Relationships.

Who's next?
I completely agree. People that have instagrams or have tons of selfies on their phones are vain and narcissistic.
I wouldn't say Narcissistic but it's attention seeking for sure and annoying to be honest.

How frequent are we talking?
Good looking people take lots of selfies. Envious people complain about them.
Original post by Anonymous
Don't you think people who take regular selfies have a narcassistic personality trait?
Isn't that off putting in a potentional relationship?
How about those who post regular selfies to instagram? That sh*t would annoy me.
It's not only narcassistic, it's attention seeking.

Possibly but it could also be insecurities ie they need the likes and comments from their friends telling them how great their hair looks today or how nice that new top is etc.
So taking pictures of yourself now means you're on the way to a mental health disorder...:rolleyes:

If people want to take pictures of themselves and it's clearly not harming anyone, then personally I don't see the issue.

Extreme vanity/arrogance is off-putting (but that's because of the way they treat others, not what they do in their personal life).

I don't have Instagram, Snapchat or even Facebook, so if someone is utterly devoted to building a life there, we might not be compatible relationship-wise (but that doesn't mean there's anything wrong with them for having a different lifestyle).
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by ClearSky
.....coming from an anon who was dumb enough to post this in Relationships.

Who's next?

If you read it properly I'm asking about it on the relationship side of things. Idiot.
Original post by Anonymous
If you read it properly I'm asking about it on the relationship side of things. Idiot.

I would put it in Fashion and Beauty. Idiot.
It's just something I have observed. Instagramees always tend to be either really insecure or very vain. No in between.
I've been called vain, narcissistic and arrogant several times on TSR, and I rarely take selfies and don't have an Instagram.
Oh yeah true. Lots of good photographers on there.
Part of the reason for posting it on Instagram is to get attention tbh :lol:

But I wouldn't say it's a terrible thing, plenty of people take selfies. Only if they do it excessively.
Original post by Whiskey&Freedom
Good looking people take lots of selfies. Envious people complain about them.

Ugly people take lots of selfies. Good looking people complain about them.
Yeah nothing wrong with that. But there's a clear difference between someone who does that and someone who's vain
Original post by WoodyMKC
I've been called vain, narcissistic and arrogant several times on TSR, and I rarely take selfies and don't have an Instagram.

maybe because we are happy with the way we look and not depressed
Original post by Melancholy

Exactly, I've had the same profile pic for over a year :rofl:
Lmao. No.
Original post by Fermion.
Lmao. No.

There are twins in your profile pic. On a separate note, do you enjoy the Shining, and onion rings?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending