The Student Room Group

Do you think Nike/Adidas is considered 'chavy' for girls?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CookieSusee
Wear whatever you like who cares what others think?

But this is the thing people ARE very judgemental at my school (wish they weren't) because once I wore Fila trainers and all the guys bullied me for it and they would say stuff like "Is that all you can afford" and "Your huaraches look sick" (bassicly mocking me for not having huaraches)
Also, when I was in year 11 most girls in sixth form were wearing adidas or nike clothing, and I feel like if I wear any other brand people would make fun of me. Some people just don't understand how expensive those two brands are :mad2:
Reply 21
Original post by usualsuspects
Unstylish and meant for sports.

This is a total lack of decency, taste, style and costume.

Nice opinion you got there. Shame it isn't true for everyone. I think that that tracksuit could look nice in a different colour, and there's nothing wrong with wearing it.
Only the first one, and that's a maybe. If you are actually athletic then it's fine but it does scream for attention if not.
Original post by GCSE 9
But this is the thing people ARE very judgemental at my school (wish they weren't) because once I wore Fila trainers and all the guys bullied me for it and they would say stuff like "Is that all you can afford" and "Your huaraches look sick" (bassicly mocking me for not having huaraches)
Also, when I was in year 11 most girls in sixth form were wearing adidas or nike clothing, and I feel like if I wear any other brand people would make fun of me. Some people just don't understand how expensive those two brands are :mad2:

You must have gone to a very middle class school. All those brands such as Fila, Elleese, etc are really fashionable these days and every person at university has either nike/adidas bomber jackets, shoes, leggings, tank tops, shirts etc, as well as Elleese hoodies/ jumpers and so on.. I bet if any of those guys who bullied you end up at university they will find themselves wearing those clothes uni to fit in because that is all most people wore.. :laugh:

Also the brands people are looking down upon are not cheap either, it's like 70 quid for a pair of nike or adidas shoes lol..
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by GCSE 9

I'm sure this will change in Sixth Form as people are less concerned about how they dress and more about their A Levels because it gets harder and more intense. Most people don't have the time to be concerned about clothes at that stage.
Reply 25
Original post by MrIso
Nice opinion you got there. Shame it isn't true for everyone. I think that that tracksuit could look nice in a different colour, and there's nothing wrong with wearing it.

Because you understand nothing about clothes (and decency).
Reply 26

K.

doesn't your arse hurt sitting on that high horse all day?
you judgemental prick.
(edited 6 years ago)

If we had it your way we would all be walking around in suits and top hats.
Original post by Cubone-r
You must have gone to a very middle class school. All those brands such as Fila, Elleese, etc are really fashionable these days and every person at university has either nike/adidas bomber jackets, shoes, leggings, tank tops, shirts etc, as well as Elleese hoodies/ jumpers and so on.. I bet if any of those guys who bullied you end up at university they will find themselves wearing those clothes uni to fit in because that is all most people wore..

Very true, those guys that bullied me, in mufti day they would come in full Nike clothing looking like some next up roadmen :biggrin:, but seriously I don't really like nike or adidas and being very honest with you, because of my school, I only wear it so people don't make fun of me.
Reply 30
You must have gone to a very middle class school. All those brands such as Fila, Elleese, etc are really fashionable these days and every person at university has either nike/adidas bomber jackets, shoes, leggings, tank tops, shirts etc, as well as Elleese hoodies/ jumpers and so on.. I bet if any of those guys who bullied you end up at university they will find themselves wearing those clothes uni to fit in because that is all most people wore.. :laugh:

What uni do you go to?!

That won't definitely be the case. People who have taste don't go around as cheap billboards even if thanks to student finance it has become a favourite for uni students. And at most unis I can think of it's not acceptable to go around dressed as the woman in the pic I re-posted.
Yeah JD should be renamed chav central.
What uni do you go to?!

That won't definitely be the case. People who have taste don't go around as cheap billboards even if thanks to student finance it has become a favourite for uni students. And at most unis I can think of it's not acceptable to go around dressed as the woman in the pic I re-posted.

I went to the University of Glasgow.

It's hardly cheap to go around wearing Adidas or Nike when it's like 70 pounds+ for a pair of their shoes alone. I've seen plenty of people walking around the University of Glasgow's campus wearing similar clothing to those in all three pictures and no one bats and eyelid because it's normal. You need to start living in the real world.

Have you been to university or are you going to? You sound like you haven't yet. Universities do not have a dress code, you can turn up to lectures in your pyjamas if you want. University is about the merit of your academic quality and so you can write your dissertation in a suit or an Adidas tracksuit and still get a first class degree if your work is good enough.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 33
Original post by hamzakalinle
doesn't your arse hurt sitting on that high horse all day?
you judgemental prick.

You have no taste and elegance whatsoever and you should learn from me instead of moaning. It's not even about me being judgemental, I don't decide what is appropriate and what isn't, I simply accept and apply social norms.

There is much else in-between. A shirt, a polo, even a decent t-shirt.
You have no taste and elegance whatsoever and you should learn from me instead of moaning. It's not even about me being judgemental, I don't decide what is appropriate and what isn't, I simply accept and apply social norms.

stfu you beg.

Sure, but there's no reason to bash someone else because they choose to wear something different - this is not North Korea.

P.S. it's not the social norm to be a prick.
Forget about sixth form with those clothes you would be better suited to an FE college studding betc childcare or beauty therapy.
Original post by the IT MAN
Forget about sixth form with those clothes you would be better suited to an FE college studding betc childcare or beauty therapy.

I went to an FE college, nothing wrong with them.
Unstylish and meant for sports.

This is a total lack of decency, taste, style and costume.

I agree with you, tbh I haven't even seen girls wear that to sports :smile:

I'd be one happy woman if that was the case. :colondollar: Well-dressed men are attractive.

A sharply-tailored navy blue suit, red silk tie with silver tie-pin and brown leather shoes. Send him my way if you spot one in the wild. :fan:

Quick Reply

Latest