The Student Room Group

How much do girls judge guys on what they wear?

Of course when you lookbat someone, you kinda look at their face and body to gauge it youre attracted to them but how much does their clothing come into play? If they wore expensive fashionable clothings, would you be more likely to think theyre arrogant/confident and if theyre wearing sporty clothes they're more likely to be fukboy/vain etc? If a guy was poorly dressed, would you even consider him?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Concav
Of course when you lookbat someone, you kinda look at their face and body to gauge it youre attracted to them but how much does their clothing come into play? If they wore expensive fashionable clothings, would you be more likely to think theyre arrogant/confident and if theyre wearing sporty clothes they're more likely to be fukboy/vain etc? If a guy was poorly dressed, would you even consider him?

If they had a decent personality then it would make up for the fact that they are dressed "poorly".
at my age id find it a bit weird if they were wearing really really expensive stuff but branded ****boi clothes are hot ngl

as long as what he's wearing isn't ugly idm
Original post by Anonymous
at my age id find it a bit weird if they were wearing really really expensive stuff but branded ****boi clothes are hot ngl

as long as what he's wearing isn't ugly idm

Why would it be weird if he was wearing "really really expensive stuff"?

I sometimes wear luxury designer brands, and I don't see how it could be considered "weird"?

And what are ****boi brands?
tbh I look at their shoes b4 I see anything else so they have to be top notch
Original post by lmaooome
tbh I look at their shoes b4 I see anything else so they have to be top notch

Adidas or Nike?
Original post by AnIndianGuy
Adidas or Nike?

I don't mind I love both brands
How someone dresses affects their overall attractiveness and says a lot about their personality and preferences, so it's always gonna be taken into account even subconsciously.
To be honest I don't judge really on what someone is wearing, but obviously like everyone else I have things I like guys to wear. Huge fan of shirts, waistcoats, anything smart really, and I love leather jackets. Smart shoes are always a plus too ^_^ I think it's down to preferences and what you ifnd attractive
Reply 9
Original post by Balmain SS17
Why would it be weird if he was wearing "really really expensive stuff"?

I sometimes wear luxury designer brands, and I don't see how it could be considered "weird"?

And what are ****boi brands?

Fcukboi brands? 11 degrees, GfN, Religion etc, but if you're not tall muscular or handsome and you're wearing these brands, you're just going to look out of place
Reply 10
There was a thread some time ago about the first things girls notice and clothes and how you carry yourself were always the first, followed by face if I recall correctly.

Clothes influence someone's first impression of you a lot, and they contribute to your overall image and attractiveness. However, usually it's not a main concern in deciding if you are good for sex or marriage!
Adidas or Nike?

You seem incredibly insecure asking for approval. At the end of the day, if you're not attractive, then no one will give af what you're wearing
Original post by Anonymous
You seem incredibly insecure asking for approval. At the end of the day, if you're not attractive, then no one will give af what you're wearing

LOOOOOOOOOL I was asking her preference relax fam.

I also have a pair of Adidas and Nike shoes.

Besides, I'm certi buff ting anyways
@_princessxox did you know I'm insecure looool
I always notice the clothes of anyone I'm attracted to, but I couldn't care less how expensive they are or what some vain brand logo is on them. If there's effort in their appearance and it suits them, it's a massive bonus, but I don't care who made it.

As for people that care too much about brands, those sorts just turn me off immediately. You can look good regardless of brands, but if you think you look good BECAUSE of brands, then I've got no time for you.
Original post by VinnicombeDmv
I always notice the clothes of anyone I'm attracted to, but I couldn't care less how expensive they are or what some vain brand logo is on them. If there's effort in their appearance and it suits them, it's a massive bonus, but I don't care who made it.

As for people that care too much about brands, those sorts just turn me off immediately. You can look good regardless of brands, but if you think you look good BECAUSE of brands, then I've got no time for you.

Exactly, half the designer s**t out there isn't as good looking as things you can find in River Island or in H&M etc
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 16
Exactly, half the designer s**t out there isn't as good looking as things you can find on ASOS or in H&M etc

Don't compare ASOS with H&M please
Original post by Kanairee
To be honest I don't judge really on what someone is wearing, but obviously like everyone else I have things I like guys to wear. Huge fan of shirts, waistcoats, anything smart really, and I love leather jackets. Smart shoes are always a plus too ^_^ I think it's down to preferences and what you ifnd attractive

Tremble before your new god.
I don't think a guys clothes would ever be the thing that ruled him out for me, but at the same time I'd be lying if I said it didn't affect how I thought of him. I don't even mean that from a vain perspective - I think the clothes you choose to wear say a lot about how you want to be viewed. So I don't judge based on clothes, but I think they factor in to figuring out what sort of person you are
Original post by Concav
Fcukboi brands? 11 degrees, GfN, Religion etc, but if you're not tall muscular or handsome and you're wearing these brands, you're just going to look out of place

ea7 armani ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending