The Student Room Group

Over 18s - what is your BMI (and your age)?

(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Why is this restricted to uni students?
16.3 :erm:

It was 15 for a while so I've improved
Reply 3
Original post by TheFarmerLad

Why is this restricted to uni students?

Because younger students likely have lower ones, I am interested in how I compare... Actually, wait ... just changed the title.
(edited 6 years ago)
Bout tree fiddy
20 years old, 5'3 and my BMI is 22.

I'm working on losing weight though because I am not satisfied with my body, I used to have a BMI of 17.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 6 years ago)
20.1 and I m 22
I'm 19 and mine's 18.7, I need to lose some fat and gain some muscle though :dontknow:
20.2 and I'm 18
18 and my BMI is 20.6
Reply 11
26 and 26.6 though it's not fat

Before folk start on BMI, any medical professional who has ever weighed me (my BMI has been up to 29) has looked at me and recognised it's not concerning- doctors and nurses tend to be clever like that

Gainz
Original post by BKS
26 and 26.6 though it's not fat

Before folk start on BMI, any medical professional who has ever weighed me (my BMI has been up to 29) has looked at me and recognised it's not concerning- doctors and nurses tend to be clever like that

BMI doesn't mean **** when it comes to health. Anyone with a substantial amount of muscle will have a high BMI
Reply 14
BMI doesn't mean **** when it comes to health. Anyone with a substantial amount of muscle will have a high BMI

Yeah, that's exactly what I was talking about but folk use this as a reason to completely dismiss BMI. When actually it's really obvious from looking at someone if they are too fat or if it's because they have above average muscle mass and BMI does the job for the majority of people

There's some evidence to suggest if you go over 30, no matter how you're much muscle you have to have negative effects on your health. Not many people are >30 and a) natural and b) not fat though
Original post by Durhamgirl96
20 years old, 5'3 and my BMI is 22.

I'm working on losing weight though because I am not satisfied with my body, I used to have a BMI of 17.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Assuming you have some muscle, that BMI is near perfect for your height imo
Original post by Angry cucumber
There's some evidence to suggest if you go over 30, no matter how you're much muscle you have to have negative effects on your health. Not many people are >30 and a) natural and b) not fat though

If you are over 30 and have muscle, chances are you have a bit of excess fat too which can be remedied. Unless you are extremely big boned. Are you still natural :biggrin:
Are "big bones" a serious thing? What does that even mean?
18 and my bmi is 18.5 :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest