The Student Room Group

Who is the most intelligent person on TSR?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Balmain SS17
Right, so you would categorise people from I-Soc as intelligent?

Okay.

Oh, yeah. QE2 lives in the I-SOC, doesn't he?
Reality Check - couldn't agree more.
Plantagenet Crown spends all his time there too.
Original post by markova21
Yes, @Reality Check too.

I'm very mediocre, but thank you anyway :smile: @Doonesbury is a quiet genius - but everyone knows that, I think.

Original post by Profesh
Da Bachtopus; Kolya; svidrigailov; DFranklin; musicbloke: no-one current, certainly. (Well, with the exception of DFranklin, who appears to be as immutable, transcendental and sempiternal as mathematics itself.)

Here, incidentally, is a textbook example of the erudite calibre of scholarly discourse one might readily find on TSR of old; note Da Bachtopus' contributions—particularly from the second page onwards—and musicbloke's thereafter. Alas, sic transit gloria mundi; TSR today, like Game of Thrones, is a mere shadow of its former self.

This could be another website, frankly. Incredible.

You can always be relied on for an intelligent, and often witty comment. :smile: I like @Profesh as well - some beautifully balanced and nuanced comments. And incisive to the point of being a ***** sometimes, which always scores points.
Original post by ClearSky
@EternalLight or @HAnwar or @h333 :biggrin: or in my opinion anyway :redface:

If you're talking about debates I could be biased but I'll be kind this time and say @Plantagenet Crown and @QE2 :biggrin:

EDIT: I'm gonna add @Reality Check because his jacket ratings actually make me laugh :lol:

Thank you!
Original post by Reality Check
You can always be relied on for an intelligent, and often witty comment. :smile: I like @Profesh as well - some beautifully balanced and nuanced comments. And incisive to the point of being a ***** sometimes, which always scores points.

Thank you. (All told, I am quite content to read "*****" as 'five-star something'.)
Thank you! I'm going to agree with exactly half of your choices. I'll leave it up to you to decide which half that might be.

Don't worry, I knew that the first three would be controversial. :biggrin:

Original post by Balmain SS17
I wasn't referring to those three.

Initially I was shocked how anyone could consider members from I-Soc as having any kind of intelligence.

*cough* you are talking to a member of the I-SOC here *cough*
I'm very mediocre, but thank you anyway :smile: @Doonesbury is a quiet genius - but everyone knows that, I think.

The Doonesman is just dropping by in TSR before he goes away and invents a new kind of Mars probe made of ice cream, or takes on China and makes it lose interest in grabbing territory in favour of making a better and more perfect tulip, or some such.
Original post by Profesh
Thank you. (All told, I am quite content to read "*****" as 'five-star something'.)

:biggrin:. There's a group of people who, were to arrange a lock in down the pub, I'd want there: You, Doonesbury, FullofSurprises, Good Bloke, Plantagenet Crown, QE2...
Must be one of the genius mathmos here.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
The Doonesman is just dropping by in TSR before he goes away and invents a new kind of Mars probe made of ice cream, or takes on China and makes it lose interest in grabbing territory in favour of making a better and more perfect tulip, or some such.

haha - exactly. He's brilliant because he really knows his ****. And if he doesn't, he doesn't comment about it. The number of times I've read some crap from someone about Oxbridge entry and it's been decisively slapped down by 8 words and a graph published by the university - less is usually more with Mr D. It's the depth and breadth which impresses me.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 31
Original post by markova21
In my humble opinion it's @Doonesbury.

@Doonesbury is a quiet genius - but everyone knows that, I think.

Original post by Fullofsurprises

Well thank you, honestly, but no, not really - it's Google that is clever not me :wink:

There's many truly intelligent people on here but one I always rely on is @nulli tertius

(Apart from RC and FoS of course)
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Doonesbury
Well thank you, honestly, but no, not really - it's Google that is clever not me :wink:

There's many truly intelligent people on here but one I always rely on is @nulli tertius

(Apart from RC and FoS of course)

Yes, nulli tertius is a bit of a gem. Also, mainly because I'm rubbish at mathematics and those with great facility always impress me - @ghostwalker is unbelievable talented. And he'll help with the distributive rule and lambda calculus equally. I can't think of the number of people he's helped and inspired to get their head around maths in a meaningful way. @DFranklin fits this mould as well, in spades.
(edited 6 years ago)
@Fullofsurprises is one of the brightest ladies.

@DFranklin is the overall winner :borat:
Don't worry, I knew that the first three would be controversial. :biggrin:

*cough* you are talking to a member of the I-SOC here *cough*

I was fully aware. And you're a prime example of why I was so shocked, considering you're also member of I-Soc.

Spoiler

Not me. Thats for sure
Reply 36
Jacket thread @Reality Check ??
Reply 38

Harsh but fair and a gorgeous alternative recommendation. Perfect.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
@EternalLight or @HAnwar or @h333 :biggrin: or in my opinion anyway :redface:

If you're talking about debates I could be biased but I'll be kind this time and say @Plantagenet Crown and @QE2 :biggrin:

EDIT: I'm gonna add @Reality Check because his jacket ratings actually make me laugh :lol:

Thanks.

Defo only agree with the first two (excluding me).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest