The Student Room Group

York or Leeds for LLM

I applied to different universities based on the course Corporate law. After quite a thought, Ive squeezed down the list to these two universities i.e. University of York and Leeds.

Im from Pakistan and will be coming a long way from my home country and i want my choice to be perfect.

Id like to know which university is more prestigious and reputable.

And what position does both the university hold in comparison to each other in the UK.

I would like to go to a university which would help me academically and in terms of a better future career wise.
Also how are the both the places for a student coming from such a far distance.

Making a choice between the two is very difficult to be honest and i cant seem to come to a decision. Therefore, id like to know what you guys think in light of the points ive mentioned above.
Not a difference in terms of prestige.

You might find that you're interested in a particular area of law. One of the unis might have academics who focus on that area of law.
Original post by J-SP
Very similar in terms of reputation/prestige in the UK. Not sure how they are viewed in Pakistan if that is where you are looking to work after graduating.

At an undergraduate level, York has a much more practical focus to learning than most other universities, and focus on problem based learning. I am not sure if that is the same at LLM level though. York is still a relatively new Law course - I think it is only about 7 years old now, but has grown in terms of reputation very quickly, probably given the nature of the presitge of the university in general (lots on non-law grads were/still are recruited from York) and the PBL approach the studying.

Yes I understand but what do u think in terms of student life and experience wise. I wouldn't want to be bored. Which one is better overall, irrespective of the course.
Original post by Notorious_B.I.G.
Not a difference in terms of prestige.

You might find that you're interested in a particular area of law. One of the unis might have academics who focus on that area of law.

what do you think otherwise, apart form the prestige aspect of it.
Original post by Shahbazkkhan
what do you think otherwise, apart form the prestige aspect of it.

I would consider the locations. Which place looks the nicest, has the nicer atmosphere, is the cheaper.

A lot of this can be gleaned from Google Street View.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending