The Student Room Group

Girls, do you like guys who sing high or low? (or just guys who sing in general)?

Girls, do you like guys with a high voice, there's a quote something like 'there's nothing quite like a man who can sing like a boy'.

Do you like guys who can/do sing in general? Is it attractive, why so?

Do you prefer guys who can sing high like City and Colour, The Weeknd,
or someone who sings a lot lower. Or just someone who can sounds good but not necessarily a brilliant singer (not trained as very good but someone who can just sing like Matty Healy)..

What do you like? and Why?
I like guys that sing and play the guitar.
I like guys who will read me Surat Rahman before bed
Original post by Emerald7770
I like guys who will read me Surat Rahman before bed

That's me baby. As well as Yasin
Original post by Dominator1
That's me baby. As well as Yasin

Err.. I'm not a baby.
I like guys who sing in general. Can't actually think of many low voiced singers.
Reply 6
Original post by applesforme
I like guys who sing in general. Can't actually think of many low voiced singers.

Barry White, Alex Turner, James Taylor, Drake, Chain Smokers.. that's all off the top of my head.

So like Harry Styles, Matty Healy, Justin Bieber, Zayn?
I love deep, raspy voice. Kinda like Chuck Ragan.
Original post by Anonymous
Barry White, Alex Turner, James Taylor, Drake, Chain Smokers.. that's all off the top of my head.

So like Harry Styles, Matty Healy, Justin Bieber, Zayn?

I like guys who sing in the range of matt healy, zayn etc yes, but then most front guys seem to sing high so maybe it's what I'm used to hearing. My favourite male singers are van morrison, stevie wonder, eddie vedder, james hetfield, and motown singers like sam cooke, marvin gaye - I think all these guys sing high except james hetfield and eddie vedder who are probably baritones. I think James Taylor is also a baritone? Chainsmokers guy can't really sing if you ask me, he did sound nice (sexy in fact) on Paris, but other times it's like someone talking/mumbling. Barry White...I don't really listen to, and can't bear Drake's voice but that's not because of the low range really, it's just something about his voice makes me cringe. I don't think Alex Turner is a true low voiced singer, I prefer him when he sings higher. The Weeknd's voice is beautiful, but that's high as well. It seems like high voices express more drama and emotion? If you sing, just do what feels comfortable for you, don't strain anything.
Original post by Anonymous
Girls, do you like guys with a high voice, there's a quote something like 'there's nothing quite like a man who can sing like a boy'.

Do you like guys who can/do sing in general? Is it attractive, why so?

Do you prefer guys who can sing high like City and Colour, The Weeknd,
or someone who sings a lot lower. Or just someone who can sounds good but not necessarily a brilliant singer (not trained as very good but someone who can just sing like Matty Healy)..

What do you like? and Why?

To be honest, i don't really mind if a guy can sing or not. But I'm a proper theatre nerd so i could listen to a guy singing all day! High, low, mid whatever really it doesn't matter just as long as i don't feel like I'm cringing the whole time. But then again, even if he can't sing amazing, as long as he's confident and just has a laugh and doesn't get all shy about it then i think thats the main importance.
I wouldn't say id find someone less attractive if they couldn't sing, so therefore if he wasn't a good singer then i wouldn't be put off (its more about personality, human, looks lol) but i guess its a good quality to have and is nice to listen to. (and can be romantic i guess in some situations) :smile:)
To be able to sing low or high is a good talent so personally i find both ranges impressive :smile:
I think i like to call these people BATTYMEN

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending