The Student Room Group

Should Adolf Hitler have been allowed free speech?

Do you think Hitler should have been allowed to openly spew his hatred against Jews? Do you think he should have caught out and stopped in the early stages of his political career for hate speech, possibly saving close to 11 million innocent lives in the Holocaust?

Discuss.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JMR2017
Do you think Hitler should have been allowed to openly spew his hatred against Jews? Do you think he should have caught out and stopped in the early stages of his political career for hate speech, possibly saving close to 11 million innocent lives in the Holocaust?

Discuss.

Yes, as long as it didn't harm anyone. It did harm people, so in that case, no.
Bit late to be asking that now lmao
Reply 3
Original post by JordLndr

Man you're brutal.

Loved the rhymes as well in the other thread.
Correct me if I am wrong, but 'Free Speech' means free speech. Nowadays so called free speech is free speech as long as you speak in Left/Liberal tongue, anything else is prohibited, shamed and labelled.
Original post by SGHD26716
Man you're brutal.

Loved the rhymes as well in the other thread.

What can I say, my bars are lit every day.

Of course it matters. This sort of thing could even take place today if we don't take steps to stop things like this.
Original post by JMR2017
Of course it matters. This sort of thing could even take place today if we don't take steps to stop things like this.

North Korea *cough cough*
North Korea *cough cough*

Interesting, but not as bad as Hitler!
Reply 9
Should he have been stopped? Well, we say yes now because we all know what happened. But you have to consider the circumstances, what was happening, when he was saying such things. I doubt he would have been stopped.
Original post by JMR2017
Interesting, but not as bad as Hitler!

Not as bad yet. Nobody even knows what really goes on over there and with nuclear warfare there's definitely a chance he could be as bad..
Original post by Airmed
Should he have been stopped? Well, we say yes now because we all know what happened. But you have to consider the circumstances, what was happening, when he was saying such things. I doubt he would have been stopped.

Exactly, Hitler ruled and brainwashed so many people into his ways of life.

What happened, happened. And as I said before, it's a bit late to look back on it now, as obviously times have changed.
Original post by Airmed

However we do need to look at this example and learn for the future.
Exactly, Hitler ruled and brainwashed so many people into his ways of life.

Brainwashed into his ways of life? Jeez, you serious? Millions of working class people thought the same way as Hitler did, they were oppressed, unemployed etc. Hitler said what many was thinking and felt.
Original post by kydzoster
Brainwashed into his ways of life? Jeez, you serious? Millions of working class people thought the same way as Hitler did, they were oppressed, unemployed etc. Hitler said what many was thinking and felt.

And why do you think they thought the same way as him? Lmfao
And why do you think they thought the same way as him? Lmfao

Go back to my reply to your quote and read again.
He should have been able to broadcast his views openly but shouldn't have been allowed to explicitly incite or encourage violence

Posted from TSR Mobile
Go back to my reply to your quote and read again.

There's no need. How can you say they weren't brainwashed? People agreed with him due to:

Propaganda. Youth camps of brainwashing young children. People felt intimidated into agreeing with Hitler's way of life due to other people doing it.

Good job clever clogs.
Reply 18
Correct me if I am wrong, but 'Free Speech' means free speech. Nowadays so called free speech is free speech as long as you speak in Left/Liberal tongue, anything else is prohibited, shamed and labelled.

They’re simplying exercising their right to free speech as well
Propaganda. Youth camps of brainwashing young children.

OMG, this is the best facts I have read today.

Where did you get Youth camps for young children to brainwash them in the early stage of Hitler's debates?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending