The Student Room Group

Should Adolf Hitler have been allowed free speech?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kydzoster
OMG, this is the best facts I have read today.

Where did you get Youth camps for young children to brainwash them in the early stage of Hitler's debates?

Hitler, in WWII, developed large-scale propaganda that he thrust upon Germany and his allies. He also created youth camps, known as Hitler Youth, where young boys were brainwashed in training camps.

The propaganda played a large role in facilitating this brainwashing during both WWII as well as in the 1950s in Korea. At the camps, Hitler had boys of the Aryan race shave their heads, march and showed them all propaganda. The children in these youth camps were taught to focus on “enemies” such as Jews and communists.

Why are you trying to fight a losing battle? Are you a Nazi? Lmao
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by zayn008
They’re simplying exercising their right to free speech as well

Same way as "BLM" exercise their rights to free speech or "Antifa"?
Original post by JordLndr
Hitler, in WWII, developed large-scale propaganda that he thrust upon Germany and his allies. He also created youth camps, known as Hitler Youth, where young boys were brainwashed in training camps.

The propaganda played a large role in facilitating this brainwashing during both WWII as well as in the 1950s in Korea. At the camps, Hitler had boys of the Aryan race shave their heads, march and showed them all propaganda. The children in these youth camps were taught to focus on “enemies” such as Jews and communists.

Key word WW2, this thread is about his early stage, before he becomes a Chancellor and Fuhrer respectively when he was debating and speaking in public with possible voters and supporters, not when he was a REX when no one is able to take him away from the throne.

A typical line of brainwashed person is to call me a Nazi, good job, you just earned a respect from your kind.

Don't people say similar things about modern day schools? If I'm correct, a lot of people believe both primary and secondary schools, as well as many universities, are breeding grounds for 'left-wing propaganda'. This was especially highlighted after the US election as well as the recent general elections and Brexit referendum, where teachers were crossing the line and telling kids what they should be thinking. Wasn't there a case of a class that had a mock election and those who voted for the Tories/voted leave (cba to look up exactly) were harassed by their classmates and the teachers turned a blind eye?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Key word WW2, this thread is about his early stage, before he becomes a Chancellor and Fuhrer respectively when he was debating and speaking in public with possible voters and supporters, not when he was a REX when no one is able to take him away from the throne.

A typical line of brainwashed person is to call me a Nazi, good job, you just earned a respect from your kind.

"Do you think Hitler should have been allowed to openly spew his hatred against Jews?"

^ This doesn't highlight early stages.

"Do you think he should have caught out and stopped in the early stages of his political career for hate speech, possibly saving close to 11 million innocent lives in the Holocaust? Discuss."

^ Could be seen as a second part of the topic.

There two question marks, does that not imply two questions?
(edited 6 years ago)
No. This was actually HATE SPEECH, because he incited violence, the left seems to conflate hate speech with words they do not like, if Hitler put his policies across without the violent rhetoric, then he should have been protected under free speech. But after violence is incited, it now becomes hate speech, hence he should have been blocked.
"Do you think Hitler should have been allowed to openly spew his hatred against Jews?"

^ This doesn't highlight early stages.

"Do you think he should have caught out and stopped in the early stages of his political career for hate speech, possibly saving close to 11 million innocent lives in the Holocaust? Discuss."

^ Could be seen as a second part of the topic.

I don't think its 2 different topics. The first part is a question, 2nd part is explaining what stage it is, hence, early stage of his political career.
I don't think its 2 different topics. The first part is a question, 2nd part is explaining what stage it is, hence, early stage of his political career.

Not sure.. depends how you read it.

On this note, we should end, as it leads nowhere. Unless you want to debate how am I a Nazi for you.
Yes.

So what is your view on the apparent political brainwashing that goes on in schools then.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Yes.

Why?
Original post by JMR2017
Why?

Because when views like that are in the open we can challenge and tackle them.

Interesting
Original post by Moonstruck16
So what is your view on the apparent political brainwashing that goes on in schools then.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think the fact that every teacher is left wing doesn't help. They always add little comments which encourage children to follow these types of politics.

However at the expense of 11 million innocent lives?
On this note, we should end, as it leads nowhere. Unless you want to debate how am I a Nazi for you.

It was a joke.. I said losing the battle like a Nazi. How do you not get it?
I think the fact that every teacher is left wing doesn't help. They always add little comments which encourage children to follow these types of politics.

Do you not think is right for teachers to condemn mass murder?
So much for the tolerant left!

This view point to me is incredibly naive. People literally said this at the time. The views were not defeated via peaceful debate. It's entirely possible that by allowing them into the open they can gain a foothold and momentum which is unstoppable.

You are either for or against the kind of things the Nazis stood for. It's then all about tactics and strategy on how do you stop it from happening. If your strategy works then fine, lets go with that, but only because it will work. Would you be fine with Nazism provided it went though a liberal framework and survived the battle of ideas in the free exchange of ideas? I certainly wouldn't respect racism regardless of where it comes from.

Part of the problem is we have the 1930s as a massive case study of how fascism was not defeated by tepid liberalism. It had to be forcefully resisted and where it failed to be resisted it gained footing.

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by JMR2017
Do you not think is right for teachers to condemn mass murder?

Wtf?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending