The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Is anyone commuting to dmu?

im worried about freshers week, as i have made no friends..so will awkward af.
so was wondering is anyone else in the same position?
Reply 1
I am in the same spot. I am only moving in around September the 20th if all goes well. I guess I'll have to meet locals before freshers haha!
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Original post by G.187
im worried about freshers week, as i have made no friends..so will awkward af.
so was wondering is anyone else in the same position?

Hey there @G.187, there is a commuting thread here which you are welcome to check, it may give you some ideas on what others are doing with commuting as well as find out what other commuters are planning for Freshers. As a graduate from DMU, I commuted during my three years and found that worked quite well for me, but you can always see how the first year goes and see if you want to try moving out in your second year. As for Freshers, I found that I could participate in most of the activities and I got to meet loads of different people from different courses as DMU is like a big community where everyone knows loads of different people from different courses, and societies that we offer. Are you thinking of commuting via car, train or bus?

Original post by senpanda
I am in the same spot. I am only moving in around September the 20th if all goes well. I guess I'll have to meet locals before freshers haha!

Hey there @senpanda, I hope the move goes well for you in September. If you're in shared halls, you might like to prop your bedroom door open when you move in and just pop your head out to greet your flatmates and get to know them. You might find that you get along with them and take part in some Freshers activities with them.

I tend to find that Freshers was such a great event where you could meet a great mix of people from different courses as well as your own and meet like minded people, some of my closest friends I met through Freshers events so it's definitely something I'd recommend getting involved with.

If you've got any questions about Freshers or about life at DMU feel free to get in touch and I'll be happy to answer your questions!

Take care,

Emi
Reply 3
Original post by DMU Enquiry Team
Hey there @G.187, there is a commuting thread here which you are welcome to check, it may give you some ideas on what others are doing with commuting as well as find out what other commuters are planning for Freshers. As a graduate from DMU, I commuted during my three years and found that worked quite well for me, but you can always see how the first year goes and see if you want to try moving out in your second year. As for Freshers, I found that I could participate in most of the activities and I got to meet loads of different people from different courses as DMU is like a big community where everyone knows loads of different people from different courses, and societies that we offer. Are you thinking of commuting via car, train or bus?

Hey there @senpanda, I hope the move goes well for you in September. If you're in shared halls, you might like to prop your bedroom door open when you move in and just pop your head out to greet your flatmates and get to know them. You might find that you get along with them and take part in some Freshers activities with them.

I tend to find that Freshers was such a great event where you could meet a great mix of people from different courses as well as your own and meet like minded people, some of my closest friends I met through Freshers events so it's definitely something I'd recommend getting involved with.

If you've got any questions about Freshers or about life at DMU feel free to get in touch and I'll be happy to answer your questions!

Take care,

Emi

I'll be commuting via bus
I'll be commuting in each day. I'm only able to go to one major Freshers event but I'm going to stay in a hotel that night- although I live in Leicestershire I don't think my partner will be amused at me coming in disgracefully late plus the cost of a taxi will be eye watering given the fact I live about 40 minutes outside Leicester city centre!
Original post by G.187
I'll be commuting via bus

I commuted via bus too @G.187! Do you want to ask any questions about bus commutes? - Emi

Original post by princessmaire80
I'll be commuting in each day. I'm only able to go to one major Freshers event but I'm going to stay in a hotel that night- although I live in Leicestershire I don't think my partner will be amused at me coming in disgracefully late plus the cost of a taxi will be eye watering given the fact I live about 40 minutes outside Leicester city centre!

Hi there @princessmarie80! I believe there's lots of daytime activities that you can also get involved in during Freshers, like our ColourFest! I found that despite commuting via the bus, and although I didn't join in on all the nightime events we hold, I still enjoyed my Freshers week so I hope the same for you both! Whereabouts are you guys commuting from? If you want to keep up to date with the events at Freshers, you can visit our student union page here. - Emi
Reply 6
I commuted via bus too @G.187! Do you want to ask any questions about bus commutes? - Emi

Hi there @princessmarie80! I believe there's lots of daytime activities that you can also get involved in during Freshers, like our ColourFest! I found that despite commuting via the bus, and although I didn't join in on all the nightime events we hold, I still enjoyed my Freshers week so I hope the same for you both! Whereabouts are you guys commuting from? If you want to keep up to date with the events at Freshers, you can visit our student union page here. - Emi

How much is the bus fair? And how much discount do you get? Is it monthly or yearly to get the bus fair pass?

Hi Emi 😊I wanted to join in one night event and my friend is arriving the next day for a couple of days so I had a room booked anyway which I just extended. Cheaper than a cab 😂I'm away for the first weekend when the ball and stuff is so I couldn't join in that so I'm doing the bar crawl. I'm coming in from rural West Leicestershire, in between Coalville and Loughborough.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending