The Student Room Group

Game of Thrones is quite badly acted...

I know this is quite controversial but I don't get it, the acting is always really bad.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Captain Jack
I know this is quite controversial but I don't get it, the acting is always really bad.

:headfire::mob::mob::mob::mob::motz:

Heresy!!!!
Dunno why this show is so popular :/

I'ma HUGE fan of GoT. But you're right, several of the actors are quite bad (eg Emilia Clarke) but it's all glossed over because of the ridiculous quality of production (i.e music, sound effects, choriography, acurate weapon handling, lighting, etc). Also, you have beautiful character development as well as the element of surprise and never really knowing whether someone is dying, there's no "plot armor". This is my humble opinion though.
(edited 6 years ago)
Yes! I've been trying to watch it for months but it's so difficult because the acting is so terrible
Popular shows always are tbh; Top Gear, Tracy Beaker, Friends, etc..
I have never felt the appeal of GoT (I watched season one and a bit of season two was like "meh", I just think it is the biggest bandwagon of the past five years that everyone is hopping on.
(edited 6 years ago)
OMG you guys are so edgy and topical. Even DMU started their own GOT thread because they werent getting enough attention.
Original post by 999tigger
OMG you guys are so edgy and topical. Even DMU started their own GOT thread because they werent getting enough attention.

Ugh, I know right. Opinions, huh? Who'd have 'em

2edgy 4u m8
Original post by games211
Popular shows always are tbh; Top Gear, Tracy Beaker, Friends, etc..

Hey, hey hey there, buddy. It is forbidden to criticise the acting of either Tracy Beaker or Friends. TopGear doesn't even have acting it's more like reality TV.
Original post by chelseadagg3r
Ugh, I know right. Opinions, huh? Who'd have 'em

So come up with some substance, then.
Original post by HotDetermination
Hey, hey hey there, buddy. It is forbidden to criticise the acting of either Tracy Beaker or Friends. TopGear doesn't even have acting it's more like reality TV.

;p
(edited 6 years ago)
It's like everyone from Eastenders decided to dress up in Lord of the Rings outfits.
So come up with some substance, then.

I miss the days when it was okay to have an opinion on something as simple as a TV show without needing to provide 'substance' to satisfy the internet :moon:
Original post by Snufkin
:headfire::mob::mob::mob::mob::motz:

Heresy!!!!

Runs away ... looks back to see if you're still there angry... yep... keeps running
I'm inclined to think otherwise. It's by no means on the level of acting of some other shows I like but written nicely and subsequently acted to a satisfying degree.
Original post by chelseadagg3r
I miss the days when it was okay to have an opinion on something as simple as a TV show without needing to provide 'substance' to satisfy the internet :moon:

So you dont have anything then.
Surely your opinion must be based on something?

Same goes for Captain Jack if he wants to illuminate us on things he doesnt like and then explains why he watches it?
it's a **** show.

What is it you dont get?
If you dont like it , then why not watch something else?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending