The Student Room Group

Game of Thrones is quite badly acted...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by games211
;p

😤😤😤
Original post by 999tigger
So you dont have anything then.
Surely your opinion must be based on something?

Same goes for Captain Jack if he wants to illuminate us on things he doesnt like and then explains why he watches it?

My opinion is based on...watching it and having thoughts about it :laugh: As much as I'd love to compile a full report and review for you complete with pie charts detailing my opinion, I have plenty of other things I could do with that time.

I think the acting is bad. I do not enjoy the acting. I think it's cringey. That is my opinion :dontknow: I don't know why you're taking it so personally and seriously
Original post by Conceited
I'm inclined to think otherwise. It's by no means on the level of acting of some other shows I like but written nicely and subsequently acted to a satisfying degree.

Yeah, other parts of it for me are better and keep me watching I have to admit. I do think the acting has improved as the kids have grown older and they've all got more experience though
So you dont have anything then.
Surely your opinion must be based on something?

Same goes for Captain Jack if he wants to illuminate us on things he doesnt like and then explains why he watches it?

Well I kinda said in the title, I think the acting is generally quite poor.

The action scenes are good and the atmosphere, setting and music is right up my alley.

I'm quite edgy like that, I like fantasy like GoT and science fiction a lot. Just happens that GoT is really not that good in my opinion compared to many shows that have gone before, like Xena which had worse acting from the extras but really strong lead actors.
Original post by Captain Jack
I know this is quite controversial but I don't get it, the acting is always really bad.

You weren't wrong about controversial :tongue:
I don't like Emilia Clarke most of the time, but the other actors are solid.

Charles Dance is a legend by all accounts. Then there's the wonderful Sophie Turner, Jack Gleeson, and the actors for Theon/Euron Greyjoy (forgive me, I don't know their names!)

There is real talent here.
Original post by chelseadagg3r
You weren't wrong about controversial :tongue:

No haha but I had to say it. I'm sitting here watching the latest episode and some of it is cringe.
My opinion is based on...watching it and having thoughts about it :laugh: As much as I'd love to compile a full report and review for you complete with pie charts detailing my opinion, I have plenty of other things I could do with that time.

I think the acting is bad. I do not enjoy the acting. I think it's cringey. That is my opinion :dontknow: I don't know why you're taking it so personally and seriously

So you cant give any examples. Thats really persuasive. I thought it was a discussion. Lets see if Captain Jack has more insight.
No haha but I had to say it. I'm sitting here watching the latest episode and some of it is cringe.

Ah, I'm not that far yet. I'm getting through painstakingly slowly because it's just so hard to get excited about
It's never really been about the acting.

Normally it doesn't matter, but you do notice it when a really good actor is on screen (e.g. Charles Dance or Jonathan Price). They really dominated their scenes.
Well I kinda said in the title, I think the acting is generally quite poor.

The action scenes are good and the atmosphere, setting and music is right up my alley.

I'm quite edgy like that, I like fantasy like GoT and science fiction a lot. Just happens that GoT is really not that good in my opinion compared to many shows that have gone before, like Xena which had worse acting from the extras but really strong lead actors.

So give us some examples of the poor acting?
Everyone?
Give us some examples of acting you thought was superior in other sci fi and fantasy you watch.
So you cant give any examples. Thats really persuasive. I thought it was a discussion. Lets see if Captain Jack has more insight.

I can, but don't really want to anymore. I'm not interested in the debate you seem to be looking for. I was only going to pop in for a second to agree, crikey

What examples would you like? I'm talking about every episode so there are lots and lots. There are some good actors but they're butting up against lots of average ones. I know it's hard to hear when you love a show but you have to admit it's not all perfect.
I can, but don't really want to anymore. I'm not interested in the debate you seem to be looking for. I was only going to pop in for a second to agree, crikey

So its a secret, mmkay. It wasnt a trick and its hardly unreasonable to ask fir examples in a discussion.
Ah, I'm not that far yet. I'm getting through painstakingly slowly because it's just so hard to get excited about

Yeah, I don't think the story is as gripping as it seems to people who are really into it. I mean, I haven't watched every episode but I've seen all the key ones and although things are shocking, they actually progress the story quite slowly.

My views are controversial but I've been bottling this in for quite a while a I feel like I've just wasted another hour of my life I won't get back.
What examples would you like? I'm talking about every episode so there are lots and lots. There are some good actors but they're butting up against lots of average ones. I know it's hard to hear when you love a show but you have to admit it's not all perfect.

So which characters are poorly acted? Have you seen all of GOT?
Reply 36
Well it's hardly a suprise when there are so many side characters is there, especially with so many young adults/children playing these roles. That said even if you're early in IMPECCABLE character portrayals I can think of right off the bat;

Every Lannister adult + Joffrey,
Ned Stark,
Walder Frey,
Randell Tarly,
Khal Drogo,
Viserys,
Second Sons
Hound,
King Robert

More besides, maybe you're just missing the point that in a high fantasy such as Game of Thrones you have to expect a certain level of eccentricity. :dontknow:
So which characters are poorly acted? Have you seen all of GOT?

John Snow is ok but not great, the little girl who always objects in his scenes at the moment is really bad. The battle planning scene in the latest ep with Daenerys was one of the worst I've seen and I quite like some of those actors.

No I've seen about 50% of episodes.
Yeah, I don't think the story is as gripping as it seems to people who are really into it. I mean, I haven't watched every episode but I've seen all the key ones and although things are shocking, they actually progress the story quite slowly.

My views are controversial but I've been bottling this in for quite a while a I feel like I've just wasted another hour of my life I won't get back.

Yeah, definitely know what you mean. I'm up to halfway through season 4 or 5, and no episode for me has really stood out, partly because of the poor acting and partly because it's so slow. I feel like things like the sfx and the acting are so out of touch. The acting feels a lot more GCSE/A-level drama than a professional TV show with a decent budget
Reply 39
John Snow is ok but not great, the little girl who always objects in his scenes at the moment is really bad. The battle planning scene in the latest ep with Daenerys was one of the worst I've seen and I quite like some of those actors.

No I've seen about 50% of episodes.

Yeah, definitely know what you mean. I'm up to halfway through season 4 or 5, and no episode for me has really stood out, partly because of the poor acting and partly because it's so slow. I feel like things like the sfx and the acting are so out of touch. The acting feels a lot more GCSE/A-level drama than a professional TV show with a decent budget

To be fair there are popular shows I can't stand like Walking Dead which is trash imo, and Power. Although I quit those after the first seasons, why you guys are so deep into a TV show you don't rate for the life of me I don't know lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending