The Student Room Group

Is it worth Applying to 5 year Grad Entry Medicine if your not from a rich background

Scroll to see replies

Original post by quasa
imp being the only 1 offering 5 year undergrad i think tbh (although I am not him so I cant confirm or speak on his behalf tbh)

This lol. What I don't get is why didn't they just ask well-established GEM courses, such as the one Warwick is offering, for advice?

Sounds a bit drastic imo ( but who am I to question their decision).
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Moonstruck16
As you can tell, I read the title and went straight to the comments. It's a bad habit I have after being exposed to Daily Mail articles :colondollar:

hakuna matata:smile:
Original post by Moonstruck16
As you can tell, I read the title and went straight to the comments. It's a bad habit I have after being exposed to Daily Mail articles :colondollar:

Making someone read The Daily Mail comments section is one way to persuade somebody that we all need IQ tests before we are able to reproduce and vote. :closedeyes:
Original post by Blue_Cow
Making someone read The Daily Mail comments section is one way to persuade somebody that we all need IQ tests before we are able to reproduce and vote. :closedeyes:

What can I say, there's nothing better than reading the title of an article and going straight to comments to laugh at the people being hysterical (usually something politics related), and then the people taking the piss out of them lol.
Original post by games211
This lol. What I don't get is why didn't they just ask well-established GEM courses such as the one Warwick is offering for advice?

Sounds a bit drastic imo ( but who am I to question their decision).

no idea tbh. In fact tonnes of imp GEM grads (well 7) I know who did the 4 year course were extremely satisified and the ones who did phamacy found it Medicine easier than pharmacy (their words of not mine, although they said its due to covering a lot in your degree / prereg / professional life which makes it easy tbh) and we all agree this is imperial trying to grab cash as they know they have enough international prestige to make people pay for it from abroad / home
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Blue_Cow

However, with Graduate Medicine, you are able to get a loan.

Wrong. Graduate entry Medicine (GEM) is an UNDERGRADUATE degree as it leads to exactly the same qualification as the normal 5 year degree.

Summary of GEM funding : http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/academicoffice/funding/fundingyourstudies/medics2017/
Original post by returnmigrant
Wrong. Graduate entry Medicine (GEM) is an UNDERGRADUATE degree as it leads to exactly the same qualification as the normal 5 year degree.

Summary of GEM funding : http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/academicoffice/funding/fundingyourstudies/medics2017/

I should have said second undergraduate degree - My bad. The OP knew what I meant anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest