The Student Room Group

Has anyone entered Uni directly into the second year ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by somemightsay888
Lool I am yeah, not as big now ngl but they're a good easy listening band :smile:
Yourself?

I love them so much. They are the band of my life. Saw them live seven times. Dragged my son to a good few of their gigs. He knew every word to every song. At Slane Castle, we were ushered near to the front, as my son was only eight or nine. Noel was standing by the window, drinking a cup of tea or coffee.This was hours before the start of the show. He looked out the window and spotted my son. He disappeared again. The next thing, Liam appeared at the window. He looked like he was looking for someone. The next thing he spotted my son. He waved to him. Liam Gallagher waved to my son !!! I told him to wave back, which he did. I thought i'd died and gone to Heaven. Back at school the following Monday my son told everyone. It was only a small primary school and it went around the entire school. At the end of the day when I went to collect him the headteacher came out. She went up to me and said, "Is it true that Liam Gallagher waved to Sean?" I said it was. I cried when they split up. Couldn't listen to any of their music at all for the first two years. It was just too upsetting.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by markova21
I love them so much. They are the band of my life. Saw them live seven times. Dragged my son to a good few of their gigs. He knew every word to every song. At Slane Castle, we were ushered near to the front, as my son was only eight or nine. Noel was standing by the window, drinking a cup of tea or coffee.This was hours before the start of the show. He looked out the window and spotted my son. He disappeared again. The next thing, Liam appeared at the window. He looked like he was looking for someone. The next thing he spotted my son. He waved to him. Liam Gallagher waved to my son !!! I told him to wave back, which he did. I thought i'd died and gone to Heaven. Back at school the following Monday my son told everyone. It was only a small primary school and it went around the entire school. At the end of the day when I went to collect him the headteacher came out. She went up to me and said, "Is it true that Liam Gallagher waved to Sean?" I said it was. I cried when they split up. Couldn't listen to any of their music at all for the first two years. It was just too upsetting.

7 times!? That's so cool, haven't even seen them once, couldn't as I'd have been 12 and didn't listen to music very much :rofl: Were you at Knebworth, reading about it seemed like one of the best concerts in history :redface: Hahah, that's so cool, does your son share your passion or...? I wish I could have seen, when Liam's voice was good. Hearing him now, I think the drugs pretty much killed his voice. Your passion is great :biggrin: I thought after What's the Story it went downhill, but there were still some great singles and Dig Out Your Soul was still quite fresh after the previous few shockers.
Reply 22
Original post by somemightsay888
7 times!? That's so cool, haven't even seen them once, couldn't as I'd have been 12 and didn't listen to music very much :rofl: Were you at Knebworth, reading about it seemed like one of the best concerts in history :redface: Hahah, that's so cool, does your son share your passion or...? I wish I could have seen, when Liam's voice was good. Hearing him now, I think the drugs pretty much killed his voice. Your passion is great :biggrin: I thought after What's the Story it went downhill, but there were still some great singles and Dig Out Your Soul was still quite fresh after the previous few shockers.

God, i'd have loved to have been at Knebworth. But I was living in Ireland with my then boyfriend at the time, and it was exactly around the time of Knebworth that I became pregnant. I didn't even know about the shows and knew nothing about them until they were over. But I guess if I HAD been at Knebworth I now wouldn't have a son. My first gig was in 1997 at GMEX in Manchester. That was the only time I saw them in England as I moved to Northern Ireland a couple of years later. Also saw them at the Odyssey Arena in Belfast a few times, and the Point Theatre in Dublin. Slane Castle as I said and Marlay Park in Rathfarnham. Everyone at the gigs used to make a fuss of my son. They all thought it was great that this little kid could sing along to all the words to every song. He hasn't liked Oasis for years now. Listens to Skrillex and lots of other obscure stuff. [ I think Skrillex is the name of a band, but i'm not sure].
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by markova21
God, i'd have loved to have been at Knebworth. But I was living in Ireland with my then boyfriend at the time, and it was exactly around the time of Knebworth that I became pregnant. I didn't even know about the shows and knew nothing about them until they were over. But I guess if I HAD been at Knebworth I now wouldn't have a son. My first gig was in 1997 at GMEX in Manchester. That was the only time I saw them in England as I moved to Northern Ireland a couple of years later. Also saw them at the Odyssey Arena in Belfast a few times, and the Point Theatre in Dublin. Slane Castle as I said and Marlay Park in Rathfarnham. Everyone at the gigs used to make a fuss of my son. They all thought it was great that this little kid could sing along to all the words to every song. He hasn't liked Oasis for years now. Listens to Skrillex and lots of other obscure stuff. [ I think Skrillex is the name of a band, but i'm not sure].

Yeah, so would I :rofl: Ohh right, well I guess it's just about a fair trade then, your son for the concert :tongue: How did you get into them, just on the radio or CD gifted to you one day or something? I did through my parents, like your son, except probably not as religiously :tongue: Skrillex is a lone musician, but yeah Electronic Music and all that he likes

Quick Reply

Latest