The Student Room Group

Teenage Indian muslim murdered for dating Arab muslim.

Damn, This is so sad. RIP to the women...

A teenage Indian Muslim who was allegedly kidnapped, raped and murdered after she began a relationship with an Arab Muslim. The body of Celine Dookhran, 19, was found inside a fridge-freezer in a south west London home in a suspected "honour" killing. She was discovered by police after a second woman was also allegedly kidnapped and raped, but escaped. A court heard how the woman, aged in her 20s, had her throat slit after the pair were allegedly bound, gagged and taken to the £1.5million home in Coombe Lane, Kingston-upon-Thames. She reportedly staggered into a hospital and told officers what had happened. Dookhran was killed last Wednesday (19 July), with a post mortem giving the cause of death as an incised wound to the neck. Mujahid Arshid, 3 3, of no fixed address, appeared before Wimbledon Magistrates' Court on Monday accused of the kidnap, rape and murder of Dookhran and the kidnap, rape and attempted murder of the second woman. Vincent Tappu, 28, of Acton, is accused of two counts of kidnap.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/kingston-honour-killing-teenage-muslim-raped-murdered-dating-arab-court-told-1631688

Scroll to see replies

:rip:

Why can't two people just be allowed to love each other.
That's seriously messed up
That is ****ed up on so many levels.
Reply 4
Original post by trapking
A Muslim taxi driver (from Pakistan) told me being Christian is a "wrong path" and that the Bible is wrong because it has so many versions and that Jesus isn't the son of God etc. I was highly offended, so much for the religion of peace not once did I say to him being Muslim is wrong but he had the nerve to tell me my beliefs were rubbish.

From that day I finally understood why some people have a hate for Muslims. The same way I respect other people's beliefs is the same way they should respect mine.

Although that was very rude and irrelevant for him to say, it wasn't exactly wrong.
A Muslim taxi driver (from Pakistan) told me being Christian is a "wrong path" and that the Bible is wrong because it has so many versions and that Jesus isn't the son of God etc. I was highly offended, so much for the religion of peace not once did I say to him being Muslim is wrong but he had the nerve to tell me my beliefs were rubbish.

From that day I finally understood why some people have a hate for Muslims. The same way I respect other people's beliefs is the same way they should respect mine.

I will be clear here. I do not hate Muslims personally. What I do vehemently dislike is the backward ideology of Islam, which should be reformed (much like Christianity was).
Reply 6
Original post by Meany Pie
:rip:

Why can't two people just be allowed to love each other.

PRSOM :cry2:

I wonder how I'm going to be judged next year :cry:
They probably murdered her because she was dating a non-Indian or someone not approved,pretty sad honour killings still happen.
Original post by loveleest
Although that was very rude and irrelevant for him to say, it wasn't exactly wrong.

He was correct about the bible having many versions I agree on that (that didn't offend me) but to say that what he believes in is correct and everything else out there is wrong is what offended me. He did not show respect for people with different beliefs to him e.g Christians, Atheists etc etc.
Original post by Cubone-r
"Religion of Peace" as long as you marry the right person...

They are both of the same religion. Read the text before you rush to comment.
Original post by Kraggor
PRSOM :cry2:

I wonder how I'm going to be judged next year :cry:

I think you need this.
Original post by Wolfram Alpha
They are both of the same religion. Read the text before you rush to comment.

Yes, same religion, but different ethnicities. However, in what other religion that exists in the UK are honour killings rampant?
(edited 6 years ago)

Tbh in Devon we probably will, sigh
I will be clear here. I do not hate Muslims personally. What I do vehemently dislike is the backward ideology of Islam, which should be reformed (much like Christianity was).

I agree
Yes same religion, but different ethnicities.

Your previous comment indicates your inability to differentiate between the two.
"Religion of Peace" as long as you marry the right person...

Islam has nothing to do with this tragedy. It's a cultural thing where Indians like to preserve their culture by marrying into their people only and don't go for others outside their culture.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Wolfram Alpha
Your previous comment indicates your inability to differentiate between the two.

Yes, but in what other culture or religion that exists within the UK are honour killings rampant?
omg I'm speechless :frown:

So you're saying you hate Muslims because of what one taxi driver said? -_-
R.I.P Celine. This makes me sick to my stomach. And he raped then murdered her. WTH. How religious of him.:angry: Honour Killings in my opinion and in this instance is a mixture of cultural and religious beliefs. Obviously, it's not just Muslims who experience this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending