The Student Room Group

Need some help with my Lit Coursework

Hey everyone, my question for the coursework has been accepted but im still a bit stuck on what to write about, thank you.
"The Colour Purple / Oranges Are Not The Only Fruit ‘I think that every first person narrator in a novel should be ‘compromised’. I prefer that word to ‘unreliable’.’ With reference to The Colour Purple and Oranges Are Not The Only Fruit compare the ways the writers present a ‘compromised’ narrator in the telling of a revelatory narrative? Compromised means that there have been things happen in their lives that may skew their perception of events."
(edited 6 years ago)
What exam board is it for?

In your question, unreliable makes more sense and has a clearer focus as it can incorporate interpretations which can be built up on the characters 'compromised' life. However, 'unreliable' allows you to write about the writers craft and why they use an 'unreliable' narrator for the story.
Original post by Harley's_Queen
What exam board is it for?

In your question, unreliable makes more sense and has a clearer focus as it can incorporate interpretations which can be built up on the characters 'compromised' life. However, 'unreliable' allows you to write about the writers craft and why they use an 'unreliable' narrator for the story.

I'm pretty sure it's for Edexcel
Original post by FinnTargaryen
I'm pretty sure it's for Edexcel

Ah I did that exam board for this year. Well if you need any help at all, I will be happy to help.

As already mentioned, 'unreliable' will be better fitted for question and it will be okay to change the question. When you get back, you just update your teacher with the question and I'm 99.9% sure the exam board will be fine with that question. 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest