The Student Room Group

Repeatedly sent things off, but application still not means tested

Hi,

My family and I have repeatedly sent & submitted evidence and forms (paper and online) to student finance to support my 2017/2018 Undergraduate application. Yet still, TWICE NOW, the application has changed from "Submitted" to "Approved" and I've received an email saying they're 'requesting more information to confirm household income' from my family.

1) My family are not receiving any such contact. I've checked their contact details personally myself (which shouldn't be necessary, as they've received emails from SFE before) each time, and they are completely correct and up to date, and yet we hear nothing bar the emails that come through to me.

2) The non-income based loan is not enough to cover rent, yet alone food and materials for my course (Veterinary Medicine). If I can't get this rectified ASAP in time for getting the loan at the start of the semester, I won't be able to attend university this year as we have no money spare.

I've done everything I can to get this application filled in on time, and twice SFE have failed me, but done little to rectify the issue beyond sending me unhelpful emails, and not saying anything to my family. In fact, the first time this happened (in June), I didn't even get an email - it was only because I logged in to check my application that I saw it had been accepted, but they had supposedly not received my parents' forms, and so wouldn't give me the means-tested loan. I trust my parents have completed everything correctly, as I've walked them through the majority of the process. So unless the application process is literally rocket science (which it shouldn't be, since I imagine a fair number of parents filling in these forms will be older and less computer-savvy), everything should have been completed properly and fully and sent off well in time for the deadline.

PLEASE can someone tell me what is going on and why this is such an issue. I have to go in to hospital in a week's time and I cannot be trying to sort out SFE while high on morphine and trying to sort out equipment for university. This is a stress I do not need to be dealing with right now.

Cheers.
(edited 6 years ago)
Hi Scitty,

Apologies if you feel your family are not being suitably informed in relation to the means tested part of your application. If we need further evidence we usually send letters out requesting this via post and a copy is issued and available on the online accounts if we have your parents on our system. It can take 7 to 10 working days for letters to reach them via post so there could be something on it's way to them. It is quicker for them to access their online accounts and check on there so I would recommend them giving us a call on 0300 100 0607. We can check and advise them what is required and help them get their login details to get access online. You can also call us to see what is outstanding from them on your application.

If your parents have sent in further financial evidence after submitting the financial information initially then it could be that it's awaiting processing as we are currently taking up to 19 working days for this. It would continue to show on your online account requesting the financial information until it is processed fully.

Once it's all processed we can then means test the application for the remainder of your funding and a new Notification of Entitlement (NOE) letter would be sent out to confirm this.

You still have time for this to be processed prior to the start of your course.

Thanks
Reply 2
Original post by Laura S SFE
Hi Scitty,

Apologies if you feel your family are not being suitably informed in relation to the means tested part of your application. If we need further evidence we usually send letters out requesting this via post and a copy is issued and available on the online accounts if we have your parents on our system. It can take 7 to 10 working days for letters to reach them via post so there could be something on it's way to them. It is quicker for them to access their online accounts and check on there so I would recommend them giving us a call on 0300 100 0607. We can check and advise them what is required and help them get their login details to get access online. You can also call us to see what is outstanding from them on your application.

If your parents have sent in further financial evidence after submitting the financial information initially then it could be that it's awaiting processing as we are currently taking up to 19 working days for this. It would continue to show on your online account requesting the financial information until it is processed fully.

Once it's all processed we can then means test the application for the remainder of your funding and a new Notification of Entitlement (NOE) letter would be sent out to confirm this.

You still have time for this to be processed prior to the start of your course.

Thanks

Thank you! Have got parents to ring SFE and they're sorting it out.

Cheers :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending