The Student Room Group

In my situation, Is it acceptable to slide in the dm's?

Basically I've seen this girl a few times at my work place and I think she's gorgeous and completely my type. Every time we have caught eyes, we both share a smile. I know right she loves me! (joking). Keep in mind I've lived in a small town all my life so it's completely normal to see people you know all the time. Or simply people you know of. Just yesterday I was perusing my instagram feed and saw this exact same girl tagged in a photo with someone I know. I have never spoken to her or anything would it be weird if I followed her on instagram and messaged her? I cant be waiting to hopefully run into to her at a pub or whatever. Thanks guys
Go for it, there's no harm in it and if you do message her, try asking how she knows the mutual friend to get the conversation started.
Slide in like..

Spoiler

Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Basically I've seen this girl a few times at my work place and I think she's gorgeous and completely my type. Every time we have caught eyes, we both share a smile. I know right she loves me! (joking). Keep in mind I've lived in a small town all my life so it's completely normal to see people you know all the time. Or simply people you know of. Just yesterday I was perusing my instagram feed and saw this exact same girl tagged in a photo with someone I know. I have never spoken to her or anything would it be weird if I followed her on instagram and messaged her? I cant be waiting to hopefully run into to her at a pub or whatever. Thanks guys

Why do so many people believe that 'sliding into DM's is some kind of one step before dating...............?
Reply 4
Original post by Ciel.
Why do so many people believe that 'sliding into DM's is some kind of one step before dating...............?

I dont think people do, well I dont anyways. I'm simply asking if sliding into the dm's in my situation is weird, cringy or whatever. I don't see anywhere that I have written that implys I think it will end in dating. She could not reply for all I know!
Reply 5
Original post by (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ
Go for it, there's no harm in it and if you do message her, try asking how she knows the mutual friend to get the conversation started.

Thats a good idea, thanks! I'm not going to lie I found her instagram a while back but now this give's me a reason to talk to her without seeming like a complete stalker :wink: haha
Reply 6
Any female opinions? Would you find it creepy or weird?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending