The Student Room Group

What A-Levels do you want to take next year?

This thread is mainly for Year 10 students going to Year 11 in a few weeks.
Though it'd be nice to share what it is you are planning to take for A-Levels and what you intend to do after in Uni.

I'll start it off.

A-Levels I want to take

-History
-Psychology
-Philosophy

I intend on taking History as a degree in Queens Mary and then doing a postgraduate in Journalism to become a Journalist.
i have no idea i wanted to do IT but they got rid of it now i don't know what to do
Original post by the one 123
i have no idea i wanted to do IT but they got rid of it now i don't know what to do

Same. I had my heart set on ICT only to realise a few months ago the government got rid of it :frown:
Reply 3
Since I'm going into year 14 I hope I'm only retaking maths and economics... if I get a B in politics ill be gutted because then ill be doing 3 a-levels, 2 would be much easier!
Original post by Oneiropólos
Same. I had my heart set on ICT only to realise a few months ago the government got rid of it :frown:

What are we going to do now I wanted to get into ICT and business and im not going to do computer science as it is difficult and boring.I have no other passion
Original post by the one 123
What are we going to do now I wanted to get into ICT and business and im not going to do computer science as it is difficult and boring.I have no other passion

No other passion? What subjects do you enjoy? Their must be something other than ICT. You can get into ICT degree if you take Math and maybe Physics for A-Level
Original post by Oneiropólos
No other passion? What subjects do you enjoy? Their must be something other than ICT. You can get into ICT degree if you take Math and maybe Physics for A-Level

I absolutely hate maths and physics and bad at it. I enjoy biology, business, ICT,
Maths, Further Maths, Biology and Chemistry
Going into year 11 too.
So far I am planing to do Biology, Chemistry and Maths. However, I may switch or add Sociology or/and Spanish. Depending on whether I still want to pursue medicine or not.
I want to take A Levels in Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Biology, followed by a degree in Mathematics with Management. Any ideas how to access the highest grades in maths?
I want to do Biology, Maths, Psychology and Further Maths. Hoping to pursue a biology/maths career. I am so nervous for year 11 and sixth form, but so so excited :biggrin:

Original post by Mitchchambo
I want to take A Levels in Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Biology, followed by a degree in Mathematics with Management. Any ideas how to access the highest grades in maths?

Past papers are key, as is actually understanding what you are learning. Not my advice, but from someone I know (A* Maths GCSE A* Maths A-level, Cambridge degree).

As someone who self studied a lot of her AS level in maths, the way I did it was to go through the textbook, then do a past paper, recover anything I got wrong, then do another paper, and continue that cycle until I'm getting 90% or more.

Past papers and nothing else! (Coming from someone who got A* GCSE and aiming for the same at a2 - I just did my AS)
Reply 13
Maths, Business Studies, English Literature and possibly Sociology
English Language
English Literature
Sociology

At Uni (if I ever make it) I want to study English further. I wish there was a third 'Englishy' option I could take at A level :frown:

I swear the only types of people on here are the: Maths, chemistry, physics ones, and the English, history, sociology ones :biggrin: Sooo popular.

I wish I was good at maths... got 2/80 in the end of year 10 mocks :colondollar:
History
Politics
English Literature
Sociology/Philosophy
EPQ

Quick Reply

Latest