The Student Room Group

Teenage Indian muslim murdered for dating Arab muslim.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EternalLight
Honour killings is a cultural problem not an Islamic problem.

It's a problem with people of extremely backwards principles which for some reason occurs mainly in Islam, though there are of course exceptions.

That's true except for the fact that in most cases religion and culture are intertwined.

Cultural across every single Muslim community?
Original post by LadyLoony
This is absolutely ridiculous. :rolleyes: If anything, it's more of a cultural issue. Many Indian Hindus wouldn't be allowed to marry non Indian Hindus; many Indian Sikhs wouldn't be allowed to marry other races etc

You shouldn't have opinions on issues you know nothing about.

Back to the topic, this is absolutely disgusting. I say this as an Indian: South Asians and Middle Easterners in particular have these ridiculous "rules" on the kind of person their son/daughter should marry, and they need to stop being so backwards.

I agree with you on this :smile: it's just inhumane to kill someone if you don't like them..

Exactly my point. But there are imbeciles here who don't get this.
Original post by TheBBQ
Cultural across every single Muslim community?

And Hindu/Sikh cultures but let's not go there. :dontknow:
Original post by Enginerd.
And Hindu/Sikh cultures but let's not go there. :dontknow:

There are far more muslim communities than hindu and sikh :lol: it's more than just a coincidence. It happens with muslims across every country.

But if you want to scapegoat your issues, go ahead.
Original post by satisfactionatlast
I've always been curious about this and I'm actually dead serious right now. Can you please explain this concept? Like, I don't get it. How can Jesus be both a Prophet, a God, and God's son? Aren't they the same person in your belief? And if he is a God, then why did he die? Isn't God so powerful? And what did he accomplish by dying? For our sins? This doesn't make sense. How can you 'die for people's sins'?

I'm actually very curious about what Christians believe so I need a good and educated answer please. Thanks. :smile:

I'm not a Christian.But I was raised as Catholic.Anyway Christians believe in the trinity so there are three persons in one God.The father,the son and the holy spirit but they make up one God.Just like you can have 3 different states of water ice,vapour and liquid but it's still H20.

In Christian belief humans were made inherently sinful by Adam eating the apple in the garden of eden which is a concept called original sin.Basically humans were going to be punished for our sins but instead God decided to send his son to earth and sacrifice himself instead.So by dying on the cross Jesus took the punishment for humanity sins himself.So it was a willing sacrifice.He allowed himself to die because it was part of the plan not because he was weak.

If any of this seems illogical then that's because it is.But that's religion for you.
This is so sad. :rip:
Original post by TheBBQ
There are far more muslim communities than hindu and sikh :lol: it's more than just a coincidence. It happens with muslims across every country.

You're doing exactly what you claim I am, hypocritical at best. I want to ask you, do honour killings not exist within Hindu/Sikh communities? I havn't said it doesn't exist within Muslim communities but they are cultural rather then religious.

Have a good day, bye.
Original post by TheBBQ

It really doesn't. For example, honour killings are relatively rare amongst West African Muslim communities, and other European Muslim ones e.g. Bosnia etc.. if it was a truly Islamic practice, you'd find it practiced across all Muslim communities and only in Muslim communities, but obviously we know how honour killings are rampant in Sikh and Hindu communities so it's clearly not an Islamic issue.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Cubone-r
Yes, but in what other culture or religion that exists within the UK are honour killings rampant?

Indian culture. Are Indians Muslims? Some of them yes, but some of them, no. So your comment makes no sense.
Exactly my point. But there are imbeciles here who don't get this.

You just make a statement and expect people to believe you? lol and I thought u were going why u still here lol.
Original post by Enginerd.
You're doing exactly what you claim I am, hypocritical at best. I want to ask you, do honour killings not exist within Hindu/Sikh communities? I havn't said it doesn't exist within Muslim communities but they are cultural rather then religious.

Have a good day, bye.

So it is cultural in one case but religious in another, what factors have changed between the two cases for this to be valid? other than your opinion.
Original post by teenhorrorstory
It really doesn't. For example, honour killings are relatively rare amongst West African Muslim communities, and other European Muslim ones e.g. Bosnia etc.. if it was a truly Islamic practice, you'd find it practiced across all Muslim communities and only in Muslim communities, but obviously we know how honour killings are rampant in Sikh and Hindu communities so it's clearly not an Islamic issue.

I've never heard of any honor killings in the the Middle East, particularly GCC countries such as Bahrain, UAE, Oman, Kuwait etc
Original post by Samendra
You just make a statement and expect people to believe you? lol and I thought u were going why u still here lol.

Go away. I'm not talking to you.
So it is cultural in one case but religious in another, what factors have changed between the two cases for this to be valid? other than your opinion.

I'm not sure where I've blamed the Hindu/Sikh religions... I've just pointed out it happens in them societies too. Just like it can be cultural in Muslim societies, it can be cultural in Hindu/Sikh... I don't know what else you're trying to accuse me of.
I've never heard of any honor killings in the the Middle East, particularly GCC countries such as Bahrain, UAE, Oman, Kuwait etc

And it is unheard of in Somalia.
How exactly is one of these changes decided? Unless you saw god and he told you that 'x' religion is correct I don't see how you can call another religion incorrect?

Are you mad? Every religious person believes their religion is correct, by definition. You're not going to have Muslims saying Christianity is right, are you?

All that said, Christianity is the only right religion. Jesus our saviour existed, performed miracles and confirmed his divine godhead. All praise, glory and honour to Jesus Christ! To King Jesus, all hail!
Original post by markova21
Erm, Jesus didn't "make" Heaven and earth and everything else. God did.

Yes he did. Jesus, as the second person of the Trinity, is God and pre existed before his earthly incarnation. As God he created heaven and earth.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending