The Student Room Group

Sad about going to Bristol

Scroll to see replies

Original post by teenhorrorstory
With A Level results day drawing nearer, I have a feeling that I might have missed my Law offer for KCL but made my insurance(Bristol). Now I know Bristol is a good university but I've had my heart set on Kings for so long so I'd be very disappointed. Does anyone attend Bristol and can give me an honest opinion of what it's like? Law students especially would be helpful

wat, Bristol is fantastic. particularly for law!! you should be exciteeddd.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Nice city, average course.
With A Level results day drawing nearer, I have a feeling that I might have missed my Law offer for KCL but made my insurance(Bristol). Now I know Bristol is a good university but I've had my heart set on Kings for so long so I'd be very disappointed. Does anyone attend Bristol and can give me an honest opinion of what it's like? Law students especially would be helpful

Bristol... Ha!

Attachment not found

jk, bristol is all good.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by CompleteMorality
There dont seem to be many non Chinese in BS1.

Really? I'm in Bristol most of the time and dont find that :confused:
Reply 24
Better learn some ****ing mandarin.

Have you ever been here? Chinese aren't that common :lol:
Original post by _Fergo
Nice city, average course.

Could you expand on this please
Reply 26
Original post by Jack22031994
I lived in Bristol for three years and I'm there most of the time!

Whereabouts?

Near Southmead, you?
Original post by jk479
Near Southmead, you?

I lived in St Andrews and then Redland :smile:
I went to UWE so don't know much about the University of Bristol but I can say that it's a lovely city to live in, there's always so much going on, people are friendly and I really enjoyed my time there

Good luck :smile: Hope you get into KCL
Original post by bones-mccoy
I went to UWE so don't know much about the University of Bristol but I can say that it's a lovely city to live in, there's always so much going on, people are friendly and I really enjoyed my time there

Snapsies :smile:
There dont seem to be many non Chinese in BS1.

Nobody actually lives in BS1, though, except for yuppies from London and residents of the expensive private-sector student accommodation tower blocks owned by people like Unite Students etc. These are largely occupied by international students, who by default tend to have some money behind them (either familial or from their home government), since they can afford the astronomical course fees in the first place.

OP, I've just left Bristol after 6 years. It's an amazing city and a great university and I was gutted to leave.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by worldender
Nobody actually lives in BS1, though, except for yuppies from London and residents of the expensive private-sector student accommodation tower blocks owned by people like Unite Students etc. These are largely occupied by international students, who by default tend to have some money behind them (either familial or from their home government), since they can afford the astronomical course fees in the first place.

OP, I've just left Bristol after 6 years. It's an amazing city and a great university and I was gutted to leave.

This is true. UWE was my insurance choice so I wasn't guaranteed on-campus accommodation, luckily my Nan was able to pay for my first year living in the Unite flats.
Original post by bones-mccoy
This is true. UWE was my insurance choice so I wasn't guaranteed on-campus accommodation, luckily my Nan was able to pay for my first year living in the Unite flats.

Off-topic but I worked at UWE for a bit and was really shocked at their accommodation provision - couldn't believe so much of it was off-campus in the middle of the city at £150 a week or whatever.
The only problem is Bristol doesn't let you apply for halls if you have it as insurance until they find out you're in (because you missed the firm), so idk how easy it is to get a halls space if you're insurance. I'm in the same situation (Bristol as my insurance), and I definitely won't be too disappointed if I don't get my firm since Bristol is such a good uni and city.
Original post by Oneiropólos
Good luck :smile: Hope you get into KCL

Thank you x
Original post by TheMoon
The only problem is Bristol doesn't let you apply for halls if you have it as insurance until they find out you're in (because you missed the firm), so idk how easy it is to get a halls space if you're insurance. I'm in the same situation (Bristol as my insurance), and I definitely won't be too disappointed if I don't get my firm since Bristol is such a good uni and city.

Yeah, might have to look for private accommodation if unable to get university accommodation
Yeah, might have to look for private accommodation if unable to get university accommodation

There will also be people who missed their firm Bristol offer, so their booked accommodation will come vacant. So decide now which halls you would fancy, and find out what you would have to do to apply, so that you can be quick off the mark if you need to get into halls in Bristol.
everyone seems to love bristol on this forum?

i live there, am i the only one who thinks it's a bit of a sh*thole? ok, so it's not exactly London...but still. Overrated. not that friendly :smile:)
Original post by Crumpet1
There will also be people who missed their firm Bristol offer, so their booked accommodation will come vacant. So decide now which halls you would fancy, and find out what you would have to do to apply, so that you can be quick off the mark if you need to get into halls in Bristol.

Yeah good point, I hadn't thought about it like that. I've read from previous threads that people who have it as their insurance tend to get put in the same place, but idk if that's true. So I think there's definitely a good chance of getting a halls place, especially if we're early.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending