The Student Room Group

Independent student?

Hey All,

I am just enquiring if I am counted as an independent student. I will be 25 prior to the first day of the next academic year (2017-2018).

I've seen mixed answers about requiring estrangement from parents or marriage, but is simply being over 25 enough to qualify?

Thanks
Hi Bicyclepump,

Yes if you turn 25 prior to start of the academic year then you would automatically be assessed as an independent student and we wouldn't look for any estrangement or financial evidence from your parents.

Thanks
Reply 2
Original post by Laura S SFE
Hi Bicyclepump,

Yes if you turn 25 prior to start of the academic year then you would automatically be assessed as an independent student and we wouldn't look for any estrangement or financial evidence from your parents.

Thanks

Thanks Laura! If I may ask a follow up question please;

I started university being assessed through student finance NI. Now as an independent student my home address is London. Should I be applying still through student finance NI or apply with Student finance England?
Hi Bicyclepump

Is this going to be your permanent address or are you still in London for the purpose of study?

Thanks.
Reply 4
Original post by Miriam SFE
Hi Bicyclepump

Is this going to be your permanent address or are you still in London for the purpose of study?

Thanks.

This is my permanent address, I will not be returning to Northern Ireland and will be staying in London after graduation from Uni.

Thanks
Original post by Bicyclepump
This is my permanent address, I will not be returning to Northern Ireland and will be staying in London after graduation from Uni.

Thanks

Hi Bicyclepump,

You would apply via Student Finance England if you are residing permanently in London. The link below is the application form:

http://bit.ly/2tAXVNU

Warm regards.
Original post by Bicyclepump
Thanks Laura! If I may ask a follow up question please;

I started university being assessed through student finance NI. Now as an independent student my home address is London. Should I be applying still through student finance NI or apply with Student finance England?

Hi Bicyclepump

Are you going to be studying the same course or a new course while living in London?

Thanks Catherine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending