The Student Room Group

Teenage Indian muslim murdered for dating Arab muslim.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by satisfactionatlast
Lmao.

Just as I thought.
Original post by Jesus Only God
Yes he did. Jesus, as the second person of the Trinity, is God and pre existed before his earthly incarnation. As God he created heaven and earth.

Well yes I know that. It just sounded strange the way you worded it, as if Jesus as the individual, not as part of the Trinity did it. [ It might have been confusing for non Christians].
Original post by markova21
From what I understand it's the religion of Islam AND certain cultures that are the problem. Combine the two and they can be deadly. Literally. But if Muslims don't believe their religion is a problem, and Indians don't believe their culture is a problem then carry on. People are going to continue to die.

Nothing in the religion of islam condones this or supports this.
People often conflate and confuse culture with religion.
I'm sure you recently heard of the christian father who killed his daughter for dating an arab muslim?
Honour killings are also rife within Arab christian communities.
Now would their christian faith be the problem?
People will always use any means at hand to codify their oppressive practices and prejudices.

Islamically there is nothing honourable about this.
Original post by Al-farhan
Nothing in the religion of islam condones this or supports this.
People often conflate and confuse culture with religion.
I'm sure you recently heard of the christian father who killed his daughter for dating an arab muslim?
Honour killings are also rife within Arab christian communities.
Now would their christian faith be the problem?
People will always use any means at hand to codify their oppressive practices and prejudices.

Islamically there is nothing honourable about this.

Thank you for clarifying this. I suppose it IS often difficult to separate the two, and to understand when it is one thing and not the other.
(edited 6 years ago)
Are you mad? Every religious person believes their religion is correct, by definition. You're not going to have Muslims saying Christianity is right, are you?

All that said, Christianity is the only right religion. Jesus our saviour existed, performed miracles and confirmed his divine godhead. All praise, glory and honour to Jesus Christ! To King Jesus, all hail!

Question: Do you, as a Christian, deny Prophet Muhammad's (PBUH) existence?
Question: Do you, as a Christian, deny Prophet Muhammad's (PBUH) existence?

No.
No.

So who was he then according to Christianity?
So who was he then according to Christianity?

As far as I am aware, there is no official position on him as our holy books were written before Muhammad's birth. But as Christians we obviously reject his claim to be a divine prophet and to us he is just another charlatan.
Original post by trapking
A Muslim taxi driver (from Pakistan) told me being Christian is a "wrong path" and that the Bible is wrong because it has so many versions and that Jesus isn't the son of God etc. I was highly offended, so much for the religion of peace not once did I say to him being Muslim is wrong but he had the nerve to tell me my beliefs were rubbish.

From that day I finally understood why some people have a hate for Muslims. The same way I respect other people's beliefs is the same way they should respect mine.

I honestly think a lot of Muslims say this kind of stuff out of good intentions. This is because many are brainwashed at a young age and are told that other religions are inferior/wrong.

Take a look at this so called "Islamic School" and what they teach their students about other religions and non-believers. It is absolutely disgusting. A strict following of Islam simply is not compatible with the word "tolerance".

[video="youtube;JdHD7cr0kA8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdHD7cr0kA8[/video]
(edited 6 years ago)
As far as I am aware, there is no official position on him as our holy books were written before Muhammad's birth. But as Christians we obviously reject his claim to be a divine prophet and to us he is just another charlatan.

The prophet Muhammad, Peace Be Upon Him, was prophesied in your very own Bible. This proves Islam is the fulfillment of all other religions. Judaism came, then Christianity, then it was completed by Islam.

https://www.crescentproject.org/articles-blog/2017/4/4/is-muhammad-in-the-bible

https://www.islamicity.org/5717/the-coming-of-the-prophetaccording-to-the-bible/

I urge you to search and read more about this. Peace :smile:
Original post by Cubone-r
Calm down mate, if you had read the thread you'd see where I had said that I stood corrected. Although I do believe Islam is not completely innocent in these kinds of crimes as it reinforces oppressive attitudes towards women.

I read the op and a few posts on the first page. You should delete your post for being so ignorant
The prophet Muhammad, Peace Be Upon Him, was prophesied in your very own Bible. This proves Islam is the fulfillment of all other religions. Judaism came, then Christianity, then it was completed by Islam.

https://www.crescentproject.org/articles-blog/2017/4/4/is-muhammad-in-the-bible

https://www.islamicity.org/5717/the-coming-of-the-prophetaccording-to-the-bible/

I urge you to search and read more about this. Peace :smile:

The Bible doesn't mention Muhammad anywhere, neither by name nor by any other specific characteristic. Please give me the verse that exactly, specifically and unambiguously mentions Muhammad please.
Original post by Burnheal131
I honestly think a lot of Muslims say this kind of stuff out of good intentions. This is because many are brainwashed at a young age and are told that other religions are inferior/wrong.

Take a look at this so called "Islamic School" and what they teach their students about other religions and non-believers. It is absolutely disgusting. A strict following of Islam simply is not compatible with the word "tolerance".

[video="youtube;JdHD7cr0kA8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdHD7cr0kA8[/video]

These kids are the next generation of community leaders?

Lmao. Peace and tolerance :rofl:
Original post by TheBBQ
These kids are the next generation of community leaders?

Lmao. Peace and tolerance :rofl:

Islam is also the most feminist religion in the world, didn't you hear? :colone:
(edited 6 years ago)
The Bible doesn't mention Muhammad anywhere, neither by name nor by any other specific characteristic. Please give me the verse that exactly, specifically and unambiguously mentions Muhammad please.

Check the source. Everything is there.
Check the source. Everything is there.

Checked it, saw no mention of Muhammad at all.
Honour killings are a cultural thing, not a religious thing. Do not get religion mixed up with culture, this is nothing to do with Islam at all.
A lot of Asian countries have a backwards culture and base everything in their lives around their reputation and what other people think of them. This girl's family clearly did not approve of her relationship with someone who was non-indian, regardless of the fact that he was a Muslim, they only thought what the other people in the Indian community would say about them.
Original post by sami.98
Honour killings are a cultural thing, not a religious thing. Do not get religion mixed up with culture, this is nothing to do with Islam at all.
A lot of Asian countries have a backwards culture and base everything in their lives around their reputation and what other people think of them. This girl's family clearly did not approve of her relationship with someone who was non-indian, regardless of the fact that he was a Muslim, they only thought what the other people in the Indian community would say about them.

Thats true. I guess in the Indian community they look down on you if they marry into another culture
Original post by Burnheal131

Smh what they are teaching is both morally and factually wrong. This is what Islam does to people unfortunately, I fail to respect such an ideology.
Original post by TheBBQ
Can't remember the last time a jehovah witness tried to turn someone into a suicide bomber or kill non-believers, or threaten someone with death if they didn't convert.

ermmm just saw this now but I dont care.
Do you know how many radical ****ing annoying christians tell me to go church or else I will burn in hell?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending