The Student Room Group

Fresh Trump gaffe

Well. Trump presented at the Scout's Jamboree on Monday. What should have been an encouraging speech aimed at young Scouts turned into a rant about the "fake news" media, Hilary Clinton, and a general ego stroke for Trumpkins. Full transcript here. Some choice tweets and commentary gathered by the BBC in response to this here.

Personally I think it's quite impressive that he can turn literally any event, presentation or talk back to these pet topics of his... :rolleyes:
Are HIlary fans still butt hurt over Trump?
I think this is SAD. FAKE NEWS. :noway:

Jk ofc, he's an absolute moron.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by cbreef

But he's the leader of the free world and you're not.
Reply 4
Original post by cbreef
I think this is SAD. FAKE NEWS. :noway:

I like that you edited that extra bit in, just in case anyone took you seriously :lol:
Original post by JVoorhees

I would probably do a better job :rofl:
Original post by AmeliaLost
I like that you edited that extra bit in, just in case anyone took you seriously :lol:

You never know with these people. :laugh:
Given his lack of popularity I guess setting his sights on the impressionable youth makes sense.
Well. Trump presented at the Scout's Jamboree on Monday. What should have been an encouraging speech aimed at young Scouts turned into a rant about the "fake news" media, Hilary Clinton, and a general ego stroke for Trumpkins. Full transcript here. Some choice tweets and commentary gathered by the BBC in response to this here.

Personally I think it's quite impressive that he can turn literally any event, presentation or talk back to these pet topics of his... :rolleyes:

That's how he operated throughout his Presidential campaign, and guess what? He won. Why should he stop now?

Hasn't he proven that CNN is fake news? WaPo? Etc...

Meanwhile Hilary Clinton hasn't gotten over the fact she lost and is yet to take full responsibility.
Reply 9
Original post by Dodgypirate
That's how he operated throughout his Presidential campaign, and guess what? He won. Why should he stop now?

Hasn't he proven that CNN is fake news? WaPo? Etc...

Meanwhile Hilary Clinton hasn't gotten over the fact she lost and is yet to take full responsibility.

Is a Scout Jamboree, where the primary attendees range from about 6 to 16, really the right place to raise these topics though?
That's how he operated throughout his Presidential campaign, and guess what? He won.

Good ol' populism for you.
Is a Scout Jamboree, where the primary attendees range from about 6 to 16, really the right place to raise these topics though?

If he thinks it's in their best interest, why not?

Are you even American?
Original post by cbreef
Good ol' populism for you.

And what's so bad about that?

Lemme guess "Hitler's Youth omggggg!!!!"
Wouldn't it be more of a shock if he didn't make a gaffe?
I've realised what his speeches remind me of!

Finnegan's Wake.
Original post by JVoorhees

It just goes to show that if you can get enough morons to vote for you, even a moron can be the leader of the free world. :wink:
And what's so bad about that?

Lemme guess "Hitler's Youth omggggg!!!!"

Populist policies tend to not be economically, scientifically or intellectually sound. They are based on people's prejudices and emotions.

In short, they're nonsense.
Original post by Foo.mp3

Why... is that girl wearing a vegvisir... on her jacket...?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending