The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Have you got anything from an actual reliable news source instead of a site dedicated to posting Islamophobic Content? And Israel has killed thousands do innocent children which gets ignored while any Palestinian who retaliates immediately gets reported
Original post by markova21
My heart really goes out to the Palestinian people. I just feel they have been systematically c rapped on; by Israel and the West [ namely the US, UK, France] etc. A few years ago I donated £100 worth of nappies, baby wipes, etc to a local charity here in Northern Ireland who were gathering things together and then going to drive the lorry full of goods to Gaza. I could barely afford it but it was just so important to me to do my own little bit, no matter how insignificant that might have been. BUT.. a certain number of Palestinians really don't do much to help themselves either. I am really conflicted on where I stand on the whole "Do you support Palestine or Israel" thing. As I said on here the other day, to be quite frank, I think both sides are often as bad as each other. They need to communicate, agree, and grow the f uck up.

Completely agree.
I never know what to answer when I'm faced with that question. Both? Neither?
All I know is that I feel immense sympathy for the Israelis and Palestinians that have to suffer all because of a conflict they had no hand in creating.

I've also noticed that with this debate there are people that care about solely the Palestinian lives being lost and don't care about any Israeli lives lost and vice versa.
Makes it hard to take any argument from either side seriously as both have an agenda rather than actually caring about innocent lives lost.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 22
Never forget the 1462 Palestinian civilians killed by Israel in Gaza in 2014
This is self time outage to sta the very least. A bunch of Israelis is nothing compared to the huge death toll suffered by Palestinians.
Original post by Emerald7770
What they did is absolutely disgusting and I am completely against that but what really pisses me off is that you make NO thread about what's going on in Palestine but constantly mention when they are doing bad things. You may care about this but you care more about trying to convince people to hate Muslims. It's all it is. And it's really REALLY obvious. And of course you're israeli.. I'm hardly surprised.

Tell me why I should make threads about Palestine?
Original post by Dodgypirate
Tell me why I should make threads about Palestine?

Not saying you should but how about less about Palestinians abusing Israelis and more on Israelis abusing Palestinians cos I'm pretty damn sure they are doing much worse.
Original post by serions871
And Israel has killed thousands do innocent children which gets ignored while any Palestinian who retaliates immediately gets reported

How is this relevant unless you are trying to justify it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not saying you should but how about less about Palestinians abusing Israelis and more on Israelis abusing Palestinians cos I'm pretty damn sure they are doing much worse.

This shouldn't be about who's doing worse. It should be about resolving the conflict.
Original post by Meany Pie
How is this relevant unless you are trying to justify it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You are the last people to be talking about relevance in a thread. A thread could be about bloody pizza and some of you will somehow find a way to make it about Muslims.
You are the last people to be talking about relevance in a thread. A thread could be about bloody pizza and some of you will somehow find a way to make it about Muslims.

Ok :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
This shouldn't be about who's doing worse. It should be about resolving the conflict.

yeah... it sure looks like it:colonhash:

Ironic though isn't it that you are the one who made this thread about Muslims :lol:

Well it is TSR...

Everything inevitably becomes about muslims one way or another here.
Why can't we all just get along :sad:

Ironic though isn't it that you are the one who made this thread about Muslims :lol:

:lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I made it about Palestinians and that is relevant to this thread.
I think people comment on and speak about a "side" that they feel more empathy with. I don't think it's an intentional, deliberate thing, but just human nature. We all identify with certain groups more than others. Most people identify with groups who are the same as themselves. That's not necessarily disrespecting different ethnic, religious or cultural groups, but people gravitate to their own kind. To be honest, if there were news items on about what was happening in Polynesia, even if it was something terrible, i'd probably feel some modicum of sympathy for that particular event, however if the news channels constantly every month reported on what was happening there, just everyday happenings, I don't mean some major event, i'm sure people here would get p issed off hearing about that part of the world.
(edited 6 years ago)
What dead banter
Original post by (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ
Well it is TSR...

Everything inevitably becomes about muslims one way or another here.

yes

In order to resolve the conflict Israel needs to give back the West Bank and Gaza to the Palestinians, stop building settlements and turn Jerusalem into an international zone. At the moment, Israel is still building illegal settlements and refusing to give Palestinians their independence. While this is happening, unfortunately attacks like this are going to happen. It's awful of course and the family should not be compensated but Israel needs to realise that it is occupying land that it shouldn't be.
I know on Twitter a lot of Muslims get upset and angry when the media barely comment on an atrocity in the Middle East and yet go full out ape s hit if an attack happens in the West. Read my above comment. People only want to really hear news and information that they may feel is relevant to them. Hence whey we hardly get as much blanket coverage about attacks in the Middle East as we do in Europe. Or Polynesia. I doubt very much Middle Eastern or Polynesian media outlets report every incident that happens in Europe. Polynesian people would be like, hang on, why the hell do they keep bombarding me with this news about Europe all the time?
(edited 6 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending