Hey!

I'm 24 (male)
5'8"
11 stone 1lb / 70kg

My waist is 28 inches.

Scroll to see replies

That is certainly not ok
According to the NHS BMI calculator, you have a BMI of 23.5

You fall into the recommended weight for someone of your age and height (between 8st 10lb to 11st 11lb)

If you're feeling unhappy about your weight/appearance, maybe you could try to lose some weight or tone up?

Either way, your weight is alright/
Reply 3
Original post by 2scotty
Hey!

I'm 24 (male)
5'8"
11 stone 1lb / 70kg

My waist is 28 inches.

Using the NHS BMI checker you are sitting nicely in the healthy weight bracket with a BMI of 23.4. BMI is not the most reliable method for deciding a healthy weight for people of above or below average muscle, but for most people it's a good indicator of how healthy their weight is.
Your waist size also seems to be around the average based on a quick google search.

I would say you are just fine. :smile:
Original post by apeshit007
That is certainly not ok

Not ok? Why? Is that too heavy?
Original post by Kindred
Using the NHS BMI checker you are sitting nicely in the healthy weight bracket with a BMI of 23.4. BMI is not the most reliable method for deciding a healthy weight for people of above or below average muscle, but for most people it's a good indicator of how healthy their weight is.
Your waist size also seems to be around the average based on a quick google search.

I would say you are just fine. :smile:

I just feel a bit slim that's all.
Lmao at all these people using BMI when it doesn't take muscle mass into account
Reply 7
Original post by 2scotty
I just feel a bit slim that's all.

Okay well BMI isn't exact and even then you've got some leeway. What you could do is work on building a bit more muscle. I'm not the best person to ask about how to do that well- i'm sure somebody better will come along- but basically eat some healthy proteins etc (bananas are great too) and do a bit of exercise. That should bulk you up a little but in a healthier way than building fat.

Do bare in mind though that some people do just have smaller bodies as will always look a bit skinnier than other people.

You could also google other ways to asses healthy weight and build. BMI isn't the best, but it is usually good as a general idea. There are better options out there though, they're just a bit more complicated.

But based on both BMI and waist size you to not sound abnormally skinny.
Reply 8
Original post by AnIndianGuy
Lmao at all these people using BMI when it doesn't take muscle mass into account

I would actually love to know better ways of looking at healthy weight and build since I know BMI isn't great an so many people post here concerned about their weight.
If you have any suggestions I would love to hear them- even if it's just what to google. :smile:
Reply 9
That moment when I'm 6'2 71kg :colonhash:
Original post by Xopher_
That moment when I'm 6'2 71kg :colonhash:

Basically same weight but you're taller?
mfw 6'1 and 74kg :'(

(it's all in the iron mayne)
Original post by AryanGh
mfw 6'1 and 74kg :'(

(it's all in the iron mayne)

Why are people loads taller and almost the same weight? I feel way too skinny.
I could barely do 1 pushup like 6 months ago and after a few months I could see my arms getting bigger but I kinda stopped hahaha I'm gonna start again. The best I did towards the end was 30 maybe. I don't wanna go to the gym
Original post by 2scotty
Why are people loads taller and almost the same weight? I feel way too skinny.

Nah fam I've been quite this tall since around 15 but I think growth for me started and ended earlier than everyone else, I enjoyed the advantage back in Y9/10 but now everyone is the same and I feel quite weird

As opposed for weight? I used to be a LOOOOT bigger, the weight decline just came with a drastic change with diet combined with an efficient yet intensive regular gym routine and knowing what you eat essentially, or what goes in.
I just want an excuse to eat cake.
The thing is no matter how much I eat, I struggle to put on weight, which is why it's easy for me to decide what I wanna do as of yet. Compared to what I was, I'm doing pretty well seeing as I literally could not do 1 push up hahahaha
I never actually count what I eat but it's probably the minimum tbf
Original post by 2scotty
Not ok? Why? Is that too heavy?

It was a joke bro
Reply 19
If you mean 80kg of LBM (as in 80kg at 0% body fat, so 90kg at 10% body fat for example), then that takes more than gym and extremely good genetics or steroid use

Quick Reply

Latest