The Student Room Group

Grade boundaries come out on results day

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AspiringUnderdog
Read these tweets from aqa: https://twitter.com/AQA/status/889793284704436224

GCSE and A level grade boundaries have always come out the day before results day, generally at midnight.
For some reason this year they come out on the day, potentially at the same time as people are picking up their results so people won't actually be able to see the grade boundaries before obtaining their results.
Am I the only one that's really irritated about this?

Wtf, what am I supposed check to calm my nerves now.
Original post by sulaimanali
that's only AQA though?

Edexcel as well. Not sure about others
Reply 22
That's very disappointing. Why did they reach this conclusion? By knowing the grade boundaries a day before results day, students could request for a re-mark if they are close to the next grade. It also makes them feel prepared for results day.
Reply 23
Original post by sulaimanali
that's only AQA though?

I think every exam board will publish grade boundaries on results day. I've checked OCR's website and they said it will be published on results day at 6am( or even before).
Do you know if that is the case this year?

Yes, it is :smile:.
http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administration/results-days
@TeachChemistry please leak the OCR Chem ones the day before you saucy boy
where do i get the leaked ones?

Wait so basically we do have the grade boundaries for maths and further maths at the very least. Still a piss take for my other two subjects though.
Original post by epistasis
@TeachChemistry please leak the OCR Chem ones the day before you saucy boy

I am not privy to them. I'll have to wait until results day myself. Just hoping my lot got what they needed.
Wait so basically we do have the grade boundaries for maths and further maths at the very least. Still a piss take for my other two subjects though.

Unfortunately, this might not be the case:

"You can't use this tool for the reformed, linear qualifications. In 2017, you can convert your marks to a UMS mark for the following qualifications:

all GCSEs except English Language, English Literature and Maths

AS specifications

A-level specifications

AQA Certificates except AQA Certificate Level 2 Further Mathematics."

Refer to this: http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administration/results-days/grade-boundaries-and-ums
Read these tweets from aqa: https://twitter.com/AQA/status/889793284704436224

GCSE and A level grade boundaries have always come out the day before results day, generally at midnight.
For some reason this year they come out on the day, potentially at the same time as people are picking up their results so people won't actually be able to see the grade boundaries before obtaining their results.
Am I the only one that's really irritated about this?

IT MEANS THAT the grade boundaries are high af and AQA can't be asked to deal with the tweets and etc the day before so they release it when EVERYONE is too busy collecting results.

these guys are smart smh
(edited 6 years ago)
Really, nobody is interested?

It's not just you, this is really annoying me too.
Original post by rnineirnee
IT MEANS THAT the grade boundaries are high af and AQA can be asked to deal with the tweets and etc the day before so they release it when EVERYONE is too busy collecting results.

these guys are smart smh

Orrrr they're low af and they don't want people thinking they've got certain grades the day before and getting gassed
Original post by teenhorrorstory
Orrrr they're low af and they don't want people thinking they've got certain grades the day before and getting gassed

Sincerely hoping that's the case!
Original post by teenhorrorstory

^ I like this conjecture more better.
AQA as well :cry:
I knew Edexcel were, but I was holding on to the fact that most my exams were on AQA and they would be released...this sucks!
So basically I'll be collecting my results an hour before the boundaries are released. So if I mess up I'll have to wait an hour to see how close I am to the boundaries. This can seriously impact people that have to go through clearing due to hold ups ect :/
Original post by Chief_98
So basically I'll be collecting my results an hour before the boundaries are released. So if I mess up I'll have to wait an hour to see how close I am to the boundaries. This can seriously impact people that have to go through clearing due to hold ups ect :/

Can't you look at the UMS score?
Original post by rnineirnee
Can't you look at the UMS score?

I like convenience 😂
Original post by Chief_98
I like convenience 😂

fair enough

Quick Reply

Latest