The Student Room Group

What is the average thigh measurement for UK Size 8 women?

I'm trying to slim down to a size 8, so trying to get an idea of how many inches I need to lose off my thighs, as I'm currently a size 10 with 19.5 inch thighs :/
Do people actually measure their thighs? :erm:
Original post by ClearSky
Do people actually measure their thighs? :erm:

Some people do lol
Original post by MetalTill_IDie
Some people do lol

:K:
Cripes, that's a bit specific isn't it?!
Model agencies used to ask for a female model to have a maximum thigh circumference of 20 inches. But they were tall with long legs. Don't know how tall you are OP. My thigh circumference used to be about 18 or 19, [ I'm 5 FT 7 INS] but because of all the ballet training and muscles, they were never going to be tiny and really skinny.
Reply 6
I think most trouser sizes are based on hip measurements. Size 8 is around 35-36 inch hips.
Original post by Petulia
I think most trouser sizes are based on hip measurements. Size 8 is around 35-36 inch hips.

The reason I asked for thigh measurements is because my hips are 35 inches and I still can't fit most size 8's. Only a few fit me
Original post by markova21
Model agencies used to ask for a female model to have a maximum thigh circumference of 20 inches. But they were tall with long legs. Don't know how tall you are OP. My thigh circumference used to be about 18 or 19, [ I'm 5 FT 7 INS] but because of all the ballet training and muscles, they were never going to be tiny and really skinny.

I feel fat asf right now tbh. I'm only 5'3 :/
Original post by Crumpet1
Cripes, that's a bit specific isn't it?!

Yeah I guess, but my hip size is supposed to make me a size 8, but doesn't. So I'm guessing the problem is my thighs.
Original post by MetalTill_IDie
I feel fat asf right now tbh. I'm only 5'3 :/

Oh no !! Please don't feel like that. I'm sure you're lovely.x
Original post by markova21
Oh no !! Please don't feel like that. I'm sure you're lovely.x

I'm not but thanks x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending