The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Nah, I'm not going to leave him just because we aren't 100% compatible in the sex department. I'm not that shallow. *sigh* Yeah I have, unfortunately.

Original post by James.Carnell
I hope you get cheated on. ****.

What the hell is wrong with you people? Like, why? Because I want to experiment a little bit? Seriously, whats wrong with that?
Original post by Ciel.
Yeah, exactly like 'three dudes in a room'
:laugh:

He just doesn't seem interested in inviting anyone into our bedroom :/

I don't know isn't that too much of a sausage fest?

All these willies in one room.

You know what they say, two is company but three is a crowd.
If I was in a relationship purely for sex I wouldn't mind if my partner suggested a threesome.

However, if I genuinely really liked him then I would be quiet upset if he bought the idea up. Because sex is not just a physical pleasure in that case, it's about emotionally connecting with your partner.

You casually bringing it up shows you don't really care about your partner's feelings. you should ideally just stick to friends with benefits and lay off the relationships if you feel that way.

If you try to convince him or insist despite him refusing, that'll make him more upset and cause an argument between you two.
Reply 23
Original post by Ciel.

Are you telling me to cheat? :h:

No. What person would give that advice?

Just leave your "boyfriend" alone.
Original post by Ciel.

What the hell is wrong with you people? Like, why? Because I want to experiment a little bit? Seriously, whats wrong with that?

I would simply ignore comments like that. People's views on sex differs from person to person - some only see sex as only a pleasureable act, others see it as a "only during marriage" and... so on.
Reply 25
Original post by Maison Margiela
I don't know isn't that too much of a sausage fest?

All these willies in one room.

You know what they say, two is company but three is a crowd.

Nahh. But you sound really interested. You can always join in :colonhash:
If he isn't interested then he isn't interested. To push it is disrespectful. You've asked, he's answered. It sounds like he has genuine reason to not want to do it and it doesn't fit with his beliefs, so just accept that. If you don't want to cheat on him, don't
Original post by Ciel.

He just doesn't seem interested in inviting anyone into our bedroom :/

If you do somehow manage to convince him, I would make sure that your partner is 100% confident in doing it because it can get awkward if he isn't. During it, he may get jealous and... yeah.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Ciel.
Nahh. But you sound really interested. You can always join in :colonhash:

No thank you.

But thank you for the offer. I am flattered.
(edited 6 years ago)
Relationships are often personal and meaningful. The suggestion of including a third party to the vicinity directly implies that you're no longer interested in a relationship built on the interaction and love between two peoples. You've potentially ruined what you once had, OP, but that's okay, because it sounds like you no longer want it anyway.
Reply 30
Original post by markova21
No Ciel, this is just wrong. If you love your boyfriend why would you want to be with anyone else, whether at the same time as your boyfriend as well or not? Especially if he is dead set against the idea.

I just think it would be really fun... I don't have any feelings towards that other person, I'm just physically attracted to him.

Original post by butfirst_coffee
If I was in a relationship purely for sex I wouldn't mind if my partner suggested a threesome.

However, if I genuinely really liked him then I would be quiet upset if he bought the idea up. Because sex is not just a physical pleasure in that case, it's about emotionally connecting with your partner.

You casually bringing it up shows you don't really care about your partner's feelings. you should ideally just stick to friends with benefits and lay off the relationships if you feel that way.

If you try to convince him or insist despite him refusing, that'll make him more upset and cause an argument between you two.

Oh, I don't think it's purely about physical pleasure when you are in a relationship. But I think that it can be, when we want it to? I'm not really into fwb, I like being in a 'real' relationship.

Original post by SGHD26716
No. What person would give that advice?

Just leave your "boyfriend" alone.

Why would I do that? I love him. I'm not going to break up with him over something so stupid ffs.

Original post by s4b3rt00th
I would simply ignore comments like that. People's views on sex differs from person to person - some only see sex as only a pleasureable act, others see it as a "only during marriage" and... so on.

Yeah, looks like it : /
Reply 31
Original post by Ciel.
Why would I do that? I love him. I'm not going to break up with him over something so stupid ffs.

I didn't say that. I meant if he doesn't want to do it then leave him be.
Reply 32
Original post by chelseadagg3r
If he isn't interested then he isn't interested. To push it is disrespectful. You've asked, he's answered. It sounds like he has genuine reason to not want to do it and it doesn't fit with his beliefs, so just accept that. If you don't want to cheat on him, don't

Well, I will give him a few days to think about it, he might still change his mind..
Original post by s4b3rt00th
If you do somehow manage to convince him, I would make sure that your partner is 100% confident in doing it because it can get awkward if he isn't. During it, he may get jealous and... yeah.

That would be a disaster. :s-smilie:

Original post by Maison Margiela
No thank you.

But thank you for the offer. I am flattered.

Anytime :laugh:

Original post by Joel 96
Relationships are often personal and meaningful. The suggestion of including a third party to the vicinity directly implies that you're no longer interested in a relationship built on the interaction and love between two peoples. You've potentially ruined what you once had, OP, but that's okay, because it sounds like you no longer want it anyway.

Wth? I am interested in our relationship. Me being attracted to other people doesn't mean that I'm no longer attracted to him, how difficult is it to understand? You can be attracted to many people at the same time. And no, I haven't 'ruined' anything
Reply 33
Original post by SGHD26716
I didn't say that. I meant if he doesn't want to do it then leave him be.

Ah ok I thought you meant 'leave him' as in break up with him
Original post by Ciel.

Wth? I am interested in our relationship. Me being attracted to other people doesn't mean that I'm no longer attracted to him, how difficult is it to understand? You can be attracted to many people at the same time. And no, I haven't 'ruined' anything

Of course, sexual and physical attraction towards other people is often present in all relationships. It's what you do with that attraction that ultimately defines what your relationship is based on. To me, it sounds like you want something that's entirely different to your partner, which already substantiates the importance of communication.

If you want this relationship to last for the long-term, then you're going to have to fight against this urge/attraction that is so evidently destroying your current relationship. I presume you both went into this relationship based on intimacy and commitment. Most couples who 'experiment' with polygamy often tell their partners that they want that kind of relationship to begin with. I assume you've been together for some time now, so you shouldn't be too surprised with the reaction you received from him, and from the users in this thread.
Reply 35
Original post by Joel 96
Of course, sexual and physical attraction towards other people is often present in all relationships. It's what you do with that attraction that ultimately defines what your relationship is based on. To me, it sounds like you want something that's entirely different to your partner, which already substantiates the importance of communication.

If you want this relationship to last for the long-term, then you're going to have to fight against this urge/attraction that is so evidently destroying your current relationship. I presume you both went into this relationship based on intimacy and commitment. Most couples who 'experiment' with polygamy often tell their partners that they want that kind of relationship to begin with. I assume you've been together for some time now, so you shouldn't be too surprised with the reaction you received from him, and from the users in this thread.

It's not really destroying anything. It's just an innocent crush/fantasy. And yeah, we've been together for a few years now but we've never really seriously discussed threesomes before. It's like the older I get, the more... adventurous I become :laugh:
you shouldnt pressure your boyfriend into anything he isnt comfortable with
Original post by Ciel.
How the hell can I convince him? Any ideas? I am really attracted to one of our friends. I obviously don't want to cheat on my boyfriend so I came up with this brilliant idea. Our friend is totally down for it but my boyfriend is not. He's never had a threesome before so maybe that's why. He thinks it can 'ruin' a relationship, which is stupid, I just want all three of us to have a bit of fun. But he's mad at me for even suggesting it. If any of you ever managed to convince your anti-threesome partner, please tell me how - 'you can pick whoever you like next time' didn't work

Threesome. YOU KIDDING ME.
GO BIG OR GO HOME.
HAVE A ORGY,GODDAMMIT !
Reply 38
Original post by cloudyeyes
you shouldnt pressure your boyfriend into anything he isnt comfortable with

There's a difference between pressuring a person, and convincing them, though.
Reply 39
Original post by apeshit007
Threesome. YOU KIDDING ME.
GO BIG OR GO HOME.
HAVE A ORGY,GODDAMMIT !

Aren't you enthusiastic. Yes, yes, you can come over, too :h:

Latest

Trending

Trending