The Student Room Group

I don't miss my boyfriend who is away on holiday

test
(edited 5 years ago)
I didn't miss my dad when I didn't see him for a few months - I think you are overreacting a little :smile:
how long is he away for
i'd give it a few more days. does seem strange you wouldnt miss him though
Original post by slowdive
My boyfriend has gone to Paris for a week, and it's been 2 days and I just.... haven't missed him.

We spend pretty much 24/7 together minus him being at work, so is this just me having some healthy alone time? I thought he'd be in my mind constantly and I'd be desperate to hear his voice, but I am not.
Does anyone else feel this with their partners? Am I realising something?
Perhaps I'm overreacting.

Ye thats why
Original post by cloudyeyes
how long is he away for
i'd give it a few more days. does seem strange you wouldnt miss him though

I know, I'm genuinely worried! He's away until Saturday. Blaming it on being around each other all the time, god I don't know
I know, I'm genuinely worried! He's away until Saturday. Blaming it on being around each other all the time, god I don't know

maybe you're bored of him but dont realise it. a break could be healthy
If you're always with each other then it's not that surprising...you've both got some space which, as you rightly said, is healthy for the relationship.

I wouldn't sweat it, and at the end of the day it's a week - you don't have to be having withdrawal symptoms for you to show you care, which seems to be a common misconception nowadays.
Original post by harrythomas14
If you're always with each other then it's not that surprising...you've both got some space which, as you rightly said, is healthy for the relationship.

I wouldn't sweat it, and at the end of the day it's a week - you don't have to be having withdrawal symptoms for you to show you care, which seems to be a common misconception nowadays.

Thank you for your reply, you make a lot of sense.
Deleted
you're an individual, you're allowed to enjoy and appreciate alone time.
is he really your boyfriend then?

Spoiler

Reply 11
you're with each other 24/7 thats why, you appreciate the break
My boyfriend has gone to Paris for a week, and it's been 2 days and I just.... haven't missed him.

We spend pretty much 24/7 together minus him being at work, so is this just me having some healthy alone time? I thought he'd be in my mind constantly and I'd be desperate to hear his voice, but I am not.
Does anyone else feel this with their partners? Am I realising something?
Perhaps I'm overreacting.

Yep its fine. Unhealthy is being too dependent on each other.
Just use it as a holiday and so some things just for you.
You are definitely over reacting. He'll be back next week so there won't be enough time apart to miss him
We got a fcking badass here.
How long have you been together?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by YaliaV
How long have you been together?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Over a year :biggrin:
Thank you for your reply, you make a lot of sense.

No worries:u:
Reply 18
Expectations are the death of passion. You said you expected to feel a certain way about him going away. Well, life rarely meets our expectations, especially when it comes to other people. I'd trust your feelings about this and not worry about how you think you should feel.
Reply 19
He's been away for 2 days and you're already making a thread about him on TSR. Maybe he occupies more of your head than you think?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending