The Student Room Group

Looks vs. Personality

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JordLndr
Rapping skills > Looks & Personality.
Repping*

This is TSR, after all. Everyone aspires to be a coveted 12-gemmer :u:
Anyone who says that they ONLY focus on one thing is quite rightly lying.

Looks vs Personality is not a binary choice, it's not one or the other, it's a divide, a ratio.

You could be 75% Personality, 25% Looks. etc etc.

Humans are hard wired to physical attraction, it's been in our DNA for our evolutionary history, it's what maximises reproduction, etc.

tl;dr: even if you don't claim to care about looks, it's still accounted for, even if it makes a small percentage of your decision, it still exists, that's my point.
Reply 22
I wasn't joking.

I'm pretty much the same. I'm pretty exhausted mentally from posting here so consistently recently.
I wouldn't really be interested in their looks unless I'm attracted to their personality. I would generally be mentally attracted first before I'm truly physically attracted. If someone is obviously hot I might have a crush on them, but I would think I was being a bit dumb and I wouldn't pay much attention to myself. I think it's often the other way round for men, they are really attracted to looks first and that then makes them want to know the person.
Reply 24
Its a tough one because naturally you go for looks but you want a personality to have an exciting relationship.

There’s times where I haven’t found someone attractive even if they look pretty good but as I get to know them suddenly I find them super hot and attractive… There’s this girl I thought I’d never like, she just didn’t look that nice and she didn’t give good first impressions, during the year she started looking better (nothing major) but I got to know her and I was shocked at the way I felt about her…

So it’s definitely a mix, leaning towards personality ofc she still has to look pretty good. Who said you can’t have both though? :wink:

If it were a choice, like if I had to live with someone with either good looks or a good personality I’m tempted to say personality… I wouldn’t shy from saying no if she was a complete b****. I wouldn’t waste my time.
Reply 25
Original post by Count Bezukhov
Repping*

Na mate. Rapping gets you girls. Take it from us. We've got experience.
Repping*

IMG_5261.JPG
Original post by SGHD26716
Na mate. Rapping gets you girls. Take it from us. We've got experience.
And here was me thinking that playing an extract from La Bohème would suffice :colonhash:
Reply 28
It takes brain power to come up with all those "jokes", never mind those world class puns.

Come to think of it I'm probably tired because I go to sleep at like 2:30. 😂
You don't f*ck a personality.
Reply 30
And here was me thinking that playing an extract from La Bohème would suffice :colonhash:

Man, what are you smoking?
Reply 31
Original post by Cubone-r
You don't f*ck a personality.

But you can f#ck a dog as well by that logic. 😂😂😂
Nah lol you're funny!! Being quiet is a different thing
Man, what are you smoking?
Of course, of course: too downbeat. Carmen, instead?

Spoiler

Reply 34
Of course, of course: too downbeat. Carmen, instead?

Spoiler

I was being sarcastic.
But you can f#ck a dog as well by that logic. 😂😂😂

No, I mean when you are having sex with someone you are not having sex with their personality, lol.
I was being sarcastic.
Well, the most important thing to take from this is that my approach is clearly quite successful!
Both because they go hand in hand. You can't have one and not the other.

Also, their looks also reveals their personality.
LOL are you shy too?
lol are there two people running this account then

Quick Reply

Latest