The Student Room Group

How posh are you?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Maison Margiela
Actually there is, but I didn't want to offend you or your fishy people.

Like the fact the majority of Bengali females are butters and are darker than burnt toast.

Or that Pakistani girls have noses like a witch.

But I'll leave it there.

YOU WOT FAM
@ClearSky his face reminds me of kurma gone wrong with elasi's for eyeballs
Please don't. I apologised and said can we not. but you and Dat Sour Ting want to antagonise me.

Don't forget about it?
K then.
Original post by dat.sour.ting
YOU WOT FAM

LOL prsom :lol:
YOU WOT FAM

I don't understand your dirty Asian language.

And girls love my green and blue eyes.

At least I am secure enough to post a pic of my face.

But you are Bengali so I'd avoid having to see that filthy curry face.
I don't understand your dirty Asian language.

And girls love my green and blue eyes.

At least I am secure enough to post a pic of my face.

But you are Bengali so I'd avoid having to see that filthy curry face.

Bruhhhhh first off, its called bangla. Second, it aint as dirty as you, bbs you need to have a shower i can smell that from here.

Third. Im not insecure. You want me to post a pic of my face? Imma do just that bbs.
Original post by ClearSky
LOL prsom :lol:

Didn't you make a thread where you claimed brown eyes and brown hair is ugly?

Maybe isn't the brown eye or brown hair that is ugly, maybe it's just because you're Bengali and we all know how butters Bengali girls are!

This is what your dirty people have for dessert.

Buzzfeed is garbage. They fail to define what posh is in their minds. I mean posh just describes upper-class culture in my mind but I notice people associate it with just generally having money now. I also see posh tendencies in the middle-classes. For example the question "does your family house have a spare bedroom". Well it does now since my sister moved out. But we did not get that through buying a big fancy house (largest room I have is 6 metres length-ways). So are we seen as economically successful now? "Do you have a swimming pool?". What do you mean by that? One built in or those inflatable ones? There is no context for this. I assume built in but if that's the case what about the middle-class people who aren't that wealthy but have tendencies of upper-class culture? The accent one is also really stupid. They are aware that the British working-class doesn't exclusively live in the north right? I have family from east London who pronounce it with a long A. I'd also like to know why there is no "none" option when it comes to housing. Renting is a thing you know.

Then they ask "which of these would you choose to eat at". This is to suggest that it is based on preference. The rest of the quiz asks about material possessions. Now it's going to a cultural thing. Again they aren't defining what posh is. To top it off I answered the quiz two times with the exact same answers each time. The first time I got 18%. Second time 16%. Showing how these quizzes are not an actual source of information. People need to stop putting class (at least in the traditional sense) down to stupid stuff like certain items owned. Instead you should look at income, background, workplace (etc). The whole thing is a lot more complicated than any writers at buzzfeed would put it down to.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 247
15%
Didn't you make a thread where you claimed brown eyes and brown hair is ugly?

Maybe isn't the brown eye or brown hair that is ugly, maybe it's just because you're Bengali and we all know how butters Bengali girls are!

This is what your dirty people have for dessert.

Thanks for that mate :biggrin:

I don't need people to tell me I'm beautiful, I know I'm beautiful in my own way.
Poor etiquette from a Muslim tbh.
Original post by veryrelatable
Buzzfeed is garbage. They fail to define what posh is in their minds. I mean posh just describes upper-class culture in my mind but I notice people associate it with just generally having money now. I also see posh tendencies in the middle-classes. For example the question "does your family house have a spare bedroom". Well it does now since my sister moved out. But we did not get that through buying a big fancy house (largest room I have is 6 metres length-ways). So are we seen as economically successful now? "Do you have a swimming pool?". What do you mean by that? One built in or those inflatable ones? There is no context for this. I assume built in but if that's the case what about the middle-class people who aren't that wealthy but have tendencies of upper-class culture? "Red trousers" What? I'm looking at red trouser prices now and they go for as low as seven quid. Not something that I think is out of reach to the masses. The accent one is also really stupid. They are aware that the British working-class doesn't exclusively live in the north right? I have family from east London who pronounce it with a long A. I'd also like to know why there is no "none" option when it comes to housing. Renting is a thing you know.

Then they ask "which of these would you choose to eat at". This is to suggest that it is based on preference. The rest of the quiz asks about material possessions. Now it's going to a cultural thing. Again they aren't defining what posh is. To top it off I answered the quiz two times with the exact same answers each time. The first time I got 18%. Second time 16%. Showing how these quizzes are not an actual source of information. People need to stop putting class (at least in the traditional sense) down to stupid stuff like certain items owned. Instead you should look at income, background, workplace (etc). The whole thing is a lot more complicated than any writers at buzzfeed would put it down to.

First you say that class is not about money and then you point out that red trousers aren't more expensive than other.

Indeed you are right about some things, but the test is unserious and it tries to interpret certain hints to guess how posh you are.
Original post by usualsuspects
First you say that class is not about money and then you point out that red trousers aren't more expensive than other.

Indeed you are right about some things, but the test is unserious and it tries to interpret certain hints to guess how posh you are.

Alright got me there. Just didn't understand what they were trying to say. I mean there is a connection between wealth and being associated with upper-class culture (as most of the items associated with it are usually expensive). But yeah poorly worded on my end.
Original post by ClearSky
Thanks for that mate :biggrin:

I don't need people to tell me I'm beautiful, I know I'm beautiful in my own way.
Poor etiquette from a Muslim tbh.

Whatever, I like how you pull out the whole Muslim card into this whole thing. When you instigated this and wanted an insult match!

So you got it.
I'm 37% Posh. haha. Cornish through and through lol
Bruhhhhh first off, its called bangla. Second, it aint as dirty as you, bbs you need to have a shower i can smell that from here.

Third. Im not insecure. You want me to post a pic of my face? Imma do just that bbs.

Your comebacks are weak asf.

Pretty ironic you say I need a shower, your mum has taken over East Ham with that smelly Fish market of hers, your mum's breath stinks of fish so bad that her teeth made plans to escape!

Your people are so dark their blood type is burnt!

Lastly I am European/North African so of course I wouldn't understand that filthy language you are sprouting, you and your people need to be deported back with the fishes.
Reply 254
28%, I honestly thought I'd be less... I'm an actual roadman at heart though.
Your comebacks are weak asf.

Pretty ironic you say I need a shower, your mum has taken over East Ham with that smelly Fish market of hers, your mum's breath stinks of fish so bad that her teeth made plans to escape!

Your people are so dark their blood type is burnt!

Lastly I am European/North African so of course I wouldn't understand that filthy language you are sprouting, you and your people need to be deported back with the fishes.

You are one clapped boi 😂 not even gunna try with you
100% posh

"Bruh" why have you x-rayed your face?

I am not surprised to be honest, you look like you could be a stunt double for the wicked witch of the east!
You are one clapped boi 😂 not even gunna try with you

You are one to talk about "clapped".

Have you even seen your face, you're mad brave.

Considering your nose takes up half your face.
Original post by DrSocSciences
81%
The truly posh don't care what others think of them and happily shop at Lidl (as they have roof repairs to fund for their Grade II listed homes). The traditional sartorial trappings of poshness are easily mimicked by aspiring plebs and therefore have no real value as status indicators.

My grandmother often shops at Lidl because the upkeep of the family's estate is a money drain. We've had roof problems for years. Some time ago I caught her trying to remove a bulb from a two bulb light "to save on electricity".

But younger generations are not at all so morigerate/oblivious to the importance of quality food/responsible.

Quick Reply

Latest