The Student Room Group

Why do white people like pesto so much?

Today I had pesto pasta for lunch which I tried for the first time and it was okay I guess? Had a lot of olive oil in it though. It was quite bland compared to food I'm used to eating.

Anyway, I heated it up then came back into the office and 2 of my work colleagues across the room said 3-4 times to each other that some food smells really nice. At first they couldn't work out whose food it was (even though I was the only other person in the room) but to be fair their view of my desk is my computer screens. Then I noticed them looking over at me and one of them was in despair that she had no lunch and she curiously asked me what I had, I responded 'pesto pasta' and they were acting like it's the best thing ever and kept telling me that it smells really nice and they wish they had some! I was eating it like meh it's nothing special?

But they always talk about pesto in general and say it's one of their favourite things, like when we have team lunches she always gets whatever has pesto. She says she never cooks so maybe that's why she likes such basic food.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Today I had pesto pasta for lunch which I tried for the first time and it was okay I guess? Had a lot of olive oil in it though. It was quite bland compared to food I'm used to eating.

Anyway, I heated it up then came back into the office and 2 of my work colleagues across the room said 3-4 times to each other that some food smells really nice. At first they couldn't work out whose food it was (even though I was the only other person in the room) but to be fair their view of my desk is my computer screens. Then I noticed them looking over at me and one of them was in despair that she had no lunch and she curiously asked me what I had, I responded 'pesto pasta' and they were acting like it's the best thing ever and kept telling me that it smells really nice and they wish they had some! I was eating it like meh it's nothing special?

But they always talk about pesto in general and say it's one of their favourite things, like when we have team lunches she always gets whatever has pesto. She says she never cooks so maybe that's why she likes such basic food.

Lol, people enjoy different kinds of food. I'm sure some people cannot stand some of your favourite food. Why are you suggesting that all White people like pesto from just 2 people?

Also, what would "advanced" food be to you? :laugh:
Reply 2
Original post by Cubone-r
Lol, people enjoy different kinds of food. I'm sure some people cannot stand some of your favourite food. Why are you suggesting that all White people like pesto from just 2 people?

Also, what would "advanced" food be to you? :laugh:

Why you so hostile fool
Why you so hostile fool

Not hostile at all. I am just intrigued by your logic.. :laugh:
Italian food in general is awful.

Bar pizza.
Reply 5
I’m not white but pesto is amazing… I’m actually gonna have a pesto salad now
Reply 6

I'm not an enormous fan of pesto, but good pesto definitely does have flavour. It's really nice when you make it at home (and not that hard if you have a food processor/blender) cos then you can use proper olive oil that actually tastes of something and fresh basil. I got a potted basil plant from sainsburys for like £1 and now I have delish fresh basil whenever I want :sogood:
Reply 7
Because it's nice? Don't have to be white to like pesto...
Its genetic. All white people like the same things ofc.
Reply 9
Original post by UWS
Because it's nice? Don't have to be white to like pesto...

You probably spend £1.20 adding Rocket as a pizza topping lol
Reply 10
You probably spend £1.20 adding Rocket as a pizza topping lol

I might not pay extra for it, but rocket is nice and peppery :colonhash:
Reply 11
Original post by A Mysterious Lord

Bar pizza.

Sure, English cuisine would be so much better in every aspect, if it wasn't for pineapple pizza
Original post by Etoile
I'm not an enormous fan of pesto, but good pesto definitely does have flavour. It's really nice when you make it at home (and not that hard if you have a food processor/blender) cos then you can use proper olive oil that actually tastes of something and fresh basil. I got a potted basil plant from sainsburys for like £1 and now I have delish fresh basil whenever I want :sogood:

Good response :tongue:, I will try it again, perhaps I'll like it more when I make my own
thanks for the suggestion
Reply 13
Original post by A Mysterious Lord

Bar pizza.

You don't like pasta?? Do you like noodles?
Makes them feel European

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SMEGGGY
Makes them feel European

Posted from TSR Mobile

Some White people are European??
Love pesto but prefer the tomato one
What an odd question.

Its ok I guess. Nothing amazing.
Pesto is absolutely disgusting. :yy:

Myth = busted.
Thread moved to 'Food and drink'

Pesto is the best thing ever. had it with pasta for lunch today :smile: \

I could eat the whole jar really :lol: Pus its fairly healthy too!

Latest